MQA vs FLAC Lossless Streaming quality issues.. MQA a Master Disaster or True quality ??

A

Audio Excitement

Audiophyte
There is some evidence starting to do the rounds that MQA is not good consistent quality as you would expect it to be??

I am only selecting FLAC lossless now since the company responsible for MQA does not seem to want to play ball with some of the quality issues that have been found by some people doing quality streaming tests..

This concerns me since i know FLAC lossless is original quality & has no disputes about quality..

What is the feeling out there about this topic.. !??

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
enjoy the reading as this blogger dedicated considerable time and resources to testing it
MQA objectively sucks

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well MQA is delivered in a flac file IIRC...you can put an mp3 into a flac file, too. FLAC itself is just a lossless codec. MQA is lossy to begin with, tho.

A

Audio Excitement

Audiophyte
Well MQA is delivered in a flac file IIRC...you can put an mp3 into a flac file, too. FLAC itself is just a lossless codec. MQA is lossy to begin with, tho.
I guess since i do not have the more expensive subscription, only hifi lossless, i should not have a problem with getting MQA i hope..

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I guess since i do not have the more expensive subscription, only hifi lossless, i should not have a problem with getting MQA i hope..
I don't follow the Tidal tiers whatsoever myself, found MQA just to be bs marketing nonsense.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I don't follow the Tidal tiers whatsoever myself, found MQA just to be bs marketing nonsense.
I've got the top tier of Tidal because they do have good quality files, but I'm perfectly happy with their non-mqa 44.1khz/16bit files. They sound great, but the "master" quality and stuff just isn't anything special.

Now their Atmos mixes are pretty sweet though.

I honestly have Tidal because they pay the artists the most out of every service. That's enough for me and I have no complaints when it comes to SQ.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've got the top tier of Tidal because they do have good quality files, but I'm perfectly happy with their non-mqa 44.1khz/16bit files. They sound great, but the "master" quality and stuff just isn't anything special.

Now their Atmos mixes are pretty sweet though.

I honestly have Tidal because they pay the artists the most out of every service. That's enough for me and I have no complaints when it comes to SQ.
I just wasn't impressed by the library available or user interface let alone an owner's shameless self promotion when I trialed it let alone hearing anything to lend credence to why MQA is even necessary. Atmos might be nice, but I don't have Atmos in my audio setups at all otoh. The rate they pay artists may be a bit higher but it still won't pay bills much for any but the very very popular ones....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis