Migrant caravan in Mexico heads for U.S. border as Americas Summit starts

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
They really have my sympathy but how the eff do they think the US can handle more people coming in when we already had so many homeless and people without food BEFORE the Russian invasion of Ukraine, which is f&cking up the global fuel and food supply? It's too bad nobody in the White House has the balls to tell the Pres pf Mexico to take care of his own damn people, rather than foist them off on the US.

"We want a future for our children ... we want to cross Mexico without any problems," he said. "God willing, they can talk and resolve this."

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just imagine how the natives here felt about the waves of white assholes.

highfigh

highfigh

Just imagine how the natives here felt about the waves of white assholes.
It's impossible to defend the treatment by many of the early settlers- it became worse over time but they didn't come close to the kind of slaughter committed by the Spanish & Portuguese.

I have always had a huge problem with the concept of Manifest Destiny, too.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
It's impossible to defend the treatment by many of the early settlers- it became worse over time but they didn't come close to the kind of slaughter committed by the Spanish & Portuguese.

I have always had a huge problem with the concept of Manifest Destiny, too.
The natives were savages.

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
They really have my sympathy but how the eff do they think the US can handle more people coming in when we already had so many homeless and people without food BEFORE the Russian invasion of Ukraine, which is f&cking up the global fuel and food supply? It's too bad nobody in the White House has the balls to tell the Pres pf Mexico to take care of his own damn people, rather than foist them off on the US.

"We want a future for our children ... we want to cross Mexico without any problems," he said. "God willing, they can talk and resolve this."

Venezuelan immigrants was/is a problem I saw while visiting Bogota in November. Most of the homeless that you saw were Venezuelan. The government was trying to help out some by creating jobs. It was mostly jobs like pulling recyclables from the trash. Even though they had a similar system like we do (at least by me with blue and grey trash cans) I also met quite a few folks that found normal (? not sure that's the best word) jobs. These were mostly affluent/educated folks and often versed in several languages.

While some countries were letting the Venezuelans in, like Colombia. Others, particularly the small island nations have stopped allowing immigration. They just don't have the resources to deal with it anymore.

highfigh

highfigh

Venezuelan immigrants was/is a problem I saw while visiting Bogota in November. Most of the homeless that you saw were Venezuelan. The government was trying to help out some by creating jobs. It was mostly jobs like pulling recyclables from the trash. Even though they had a similar system like we do (at least by me with blue and grey trash cans) I also met quite a few folks that found normal (? not sure that's the best word) jobs. These were mostly affluent/educated folks and often versed in several languages.

While some countries were letting the Venezuelans in, like Colombia. Others, particularly the small island nations have stopped allowing immigration. They just don't have the resources to deal with it anymore.
Honduras and Guatemala are big 'donors', along with El Salvador (home of MS-13) and other countries. It's not just one, but they all have to pass through Mexico, which makes their claims of 'sanctuary'- the official way to do that is to file for it in the adjacent country, not hop-scotching to the place where they think life is great for everyone, but isn't.

I don't know how anyone can say that immigration into the US has been controlled, in any way- in 2010, the population was 309 million, in 2020 it was 331.5 million and this year, it's ~334.6 million. The food supply can't feed everyone now- how can it be expected to feed more, especially when Putin is holding up Ukrainian shipments?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis