2022 listening space - now with more Heco!

E

Eric Myers

Audiophyte
just got the Heco Aurora 1000's into the 'big' system - so far I'm completely impressed with them!
I'm mainly a vinyl guy - but fiddle around with other formats, and stream from time to time.
Eric's Den.jpg

Sansui AU-717 / TU-717 vintage rig
Emotiva BasX P100 A300 modern rig
Denon DP300F turntable - Audiotechnica VM95 with Shibata
ATLP40WN turntable - Audiotechnica VM95 with the MicroLine stylus
Realistic (BSR) turntable/changer
Amazon Echo Link via optical for streaming
Vincent Pho 300 phono pre
Douk VU Meter/Switcher for 2 Amps & 2 Speakers
Polk Rti12 Towers
Heco Aurora 1000 Towers
Onkyo Cassette
Sony DVD for rare CD use
JVC VCR (poor man's reel to reel)

K

kaseaman

Junior Audioholic
Very nice looking setup you have there Eric! How do the Hecos compare to the Polks?

E

Eric Myers

Audiophyte
Very nice looking setup you have there Eric! How do the Hecos compare to the Polks?
Polks are much more forward, and bright. Hecos are very "laid back" by comparison, but after first glance impression, what they really are is less harsh, smoother up top and in mids. The Heco play noticeably lower, and just as punchy. Sensitivity is about 1.5 or 2 db higher on Heco by the app meter on my phone. The Rti12 are great speakers - the Heco are better in some key attributes, worse in none. Heco soundstage FAR better in center image and location. Less midrange on Heco, but by comparison, the Polks kind of have too much midrange with the 2 drivers up top. I cannot fathom listening fatigue on the Hecos.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
just got the Heco Aurora 1000's into the 'big' system - so far I'm completely impressed with them!
I'm mainly a vinyl guy - but fiddle around with other formats, and stream from time to time.
View attachment 56131
Polk Rti12 Towers
Heco Aurora 1000 Towers
Onkyo Cassette
Sony DVD for rare CD use
JVC VCR (poor man's reel to reel)
Killer pic, great Dire Straits album. Move those Polk's into another room if you prefer the Hecos. Having speakers side by side like that hinders performance even if a pair are not playing. You just doubled the size of your baffles.

BTW, did you discover Heco from James review?

E

Eric Myers

Audiophyte
Polks are already on other side of the room now in the 7.2 home theater side. I got interested in Heco from your YouTube giveaway promo, then Andrew Robinson's review, then when I knew James was going to do a review, I pulled the trigger and hoped for the best! It's really cool having something relatively unique, and having it turn out so well.

L

LillianNies

Audiophyte
View attachment 56131
Polk Rti12 Towers
Heco Aurora 1000 Towers
Onkyo Cassette