Does anyone know what is the Sound Output of Apple OG Homepod ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I am getting a growing feedback here and on other forums also when I show this Frequency Diagram to them, they are saying whoever gave you this links or reference to these links did not have even an slightest idea what kind of Parameters are required to Judge a Lower Frequency Response of a speaker. So this is not correct data that you referred me to with these links.
This is some of the feedback I got from others when I showed them the Graph which @NINaudio refered me to, which was wrong. I dont know how and why he tried to mislead me. When he himself did not know what the correct information was.
Hey, hey, don't go blaming me here. You haven't done an ounce of your own digging to find out the information you're looking for, nor do you want to learn how to read frequency response graphs saying the article I posted that might help you do so is "too geeky". I have tried to help you and give you sources that you can learn from. I don't know why you feel like I'm misleading you or that I'm wrong. You chose those two graphs yourself. You're welcome to go look for other measurements of the homepod. I have, in fact, supplied you with a few more here as well. Where is the feedback you're getting from here saying that I'm misleading you?

Here is one with an absolute dB scale for the homepod from the same article I linked you to earlier:

https://www.rtings.com/speaker/0-8/graph#1719/4559

Here are a few more sources who measured the FR of the homepod, again, showing that output drops below 65 Hz (especially at elevated playing levels):

https://www.fastcompany.com/40530628/apple-homepod-frequency-response-flat-sound

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/spinorama-measurements-of-the-apple-homepod.7417/

Last edited:
A

augustya

Junior Audioholic
Hey, hey, don't go blaming me here. You haven't done an ounce of your own digging to find out the information you're looking for, nor do you want to learn how to read frequency response graphs saying the article I posted that might help you do so is "too geeky". I have tried to help you and give you sources that you can learn from. I don't know why you feel like I'm misleading you or that I'm wrong. You chose those two graphs yourself.
Firstly I do not claim to be a Pro here. You do. So I have every reason to blame you here !!

Secondly You mislead me.

All the Links that you gave me I have downloaded the Frequency Response from there only. Now please don't tell me in your defence that I did not do digging, I did not learn and blah...blah...Yes because I never claimed I knew or know how to read it.

But being a Pro here you have to act responsibly and not mislead and fool people.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Firstly I do not claim to be a Pro here. You do. So I have every reason to blame you here !!

Secondly You mislead me.

All the Links that you gave me I have downloaded the Frequency Response from there only. Now please don't tell me in your defence that I did not do digging, I did not learn and blah...blah...Yes because I never claimed I knew or know how to read it.

But being a Pro here you have to act responsibly and not mislead and fool people.
You're a straight up fool and an ungrateful one at that.

I did not mislead or fool you. I pointed you towards information that would give you everything you needed to know. That information is not wrong, and neither is the fact that the response of the homepod gets significantly lower under 65 Hz. I pointed you to an article that would tell you how to interpret those graphs. I never claimed to be a homepod pro, in fact I even told you that we don't deal much with that type of product on this forum.

I tried to help you out on multiple counts and for that I am accused of misleading you? I am now sorry that I tried to help you. Good luck on your quest for the information which I've all presented for you here.

A

augustya

Junior Audioholic
You're a straight up fool and an ungrateful one at that.

I did not mislead or fool you. I pointed you towards information that would give you everything you needed to know. That information is not wrong, and neither is the fact that the response of the homepod gets significantly lower under 65 Hz. I pointed you to an article that would tell you how to interpret those graphs. I never claimed to be a homepod pro, in fact I even told you that we don't deal much with that type of product on this forum.

I tried to help you out on multiple counts and for that I am accused of misleading you? I am now sorry that I tried to help you. Good luck on your quest for the information which I've all presented for you here.
There is no help from you, that I will be grateful to you period !! First of all you do a Botched Job, I have given this with proofs that not just me none of the knowledgeable guys in this field said the information or the (links initially) you linked me to were of any use ? So what should I be grateful to you about ? You did not help one bit. On top of that you have the audacity to again and again say that I tried to help you, helped you learn, when I had some question you were acting like a snob ! And did not reply to any of my Posts. is that called Helping ? Just linked to a Link which even I can randomly do a google search and leave the person to himself. is that you call as help ? That is called sheer waste of time of the other person !! Not Just Homepod Pro you are frankly of no help or real use. And I am repeating again, you did not help me even one bit here. Just wanted be the first one to reply, thats it !! with no real value addition !!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I just can't believe we have wasted all this time, on this toss away piece of junk! That was an item fit for the recycling bin the day it left the factory. No one with an ounce of sense would waste any time whatsoever, on one of those. If you did you would have a psychiatric disorder, some far spectrum of OCD. I invite the membership to come up with a name for it.

This must qualify for the most pointless thread on the forum, and that's saying something.

A

augustya

Junior Audioholic
I just can't believe we have wasted all this time, on this toss away piece of junk! That was an item fit for the recycling bin the day it left the factory. No one with an ounce of sense would waste any time whatsoever, on one of those. If you did you would have a psychiatric disorder, some far spectrum of OCD. I invite the membership to come up with a name for it.

This must qualify for the most pointless thread on the forum, and that's saying something.
I get it there are Apple Haters everywhere !!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Wow, lol.
I get it there are Apple Haters everywhere !!
That's not it. You asked for help, some was provided. You found it too complicated or geeky to read. That is not the fault of the info or the person providing it. You clearly have some learning to do before even grasping the basics of your questions.

A

augustya

Junior Audioholic
Wow, lol.

That's not it. You asked for help, some was provided. You found it too complicated or geeky to read. That is not the fault of the info or the person providing it. You clearly have some learning to do before even grasping the basics of your questions.
But he provided incorrect information. I have posted the feedback above.

A

augustya

Junior Audioholic
Incorrect how? How do you even know when you haven't read any of the too geeky material?
Have you in the first place read the feedback that i have posted of other guys what they are saying about it ? Please don't do selective reading.

Read Post #20

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Have you in the first place read the feedback that i have posted of other guys what they are saying about it ? Please don't do selective reading.

Read Post #20
So what you're saying is, you've determined to take the word of one stranger over another stranger and accuse someone of intentionally misleading, while you yourself don't understand any of it?

A

augustya

Junior Audioholic
So what you're saying is, you've determined to take the word of one stranger over another stranger accuse someone of intentionally misleading, while you yourself don't understand any of it?
Not everyone can be wrong ? Can they ?? Why are you so much lobbying for him ? What vested interests do you have ?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Not everyone can be wrong ? Can they ?? Why are you so much lobbying for him ? What vested interests do you have ?
I'm not lobbying for anyone. I just think it dishonest to accuse someone of intentionally misleading you when you don't even know yourself.

How did you rule out a mistake, or misinterpretation? Do you read minds? There were also other links provided that you refused to even read.

A

augustya

Junior Audioholic
I'm not lobbying for anyone. I just think it dishonest to accuse someone of intentionally misleading you when you don't even know yourself.

How did you rule out a mistake, or misinterpretation? Do you read minds? There were also other links were provided that you refused to even read.
The other links that you were talking about were only posted after I pointed out his wrong misleading of me.

Now even if you cannot be of any real help. I dont want to get into a QA session with you here.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The other links that you were talking about were only posted after i pointed ut his wrong misleading of me.

Now even if you cannot be of any real help. I dont want to get into a QA session with you here.
My point is, it's pretty rude to assume someone is intentionally trying to mislead you when in fact the intent was to be helpful, misguided or not. A "thank you, but this is what I also heard regarding what you told me. Please explain." would perhaps be a bit more appropriate than jumping to assumptions, lashing out with accusations based on incomplete info and you might actually learn something that way.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
All frustrations regarding the Home Pod should be pointed at Apple and not at the good people here. I have many, perhaps too many Apple products. I’d never go near the Home Pod. It was an overpriced piece of s#%t that Apple simply couldn’t convince many to purchase and it was discontinued. I’ll go as far as to say that ALL of the products like it on the market are gimmicky pieces of s#%t that produce anything but quality sound. There is a reason the specs aren’t readily available from Apple. They suck.

A

augustya

Junior Audioholic
My point is, it's pretty rude to assume someone is intentionally trying to mislead you when in fact the intent was to be helpful, misguided or not. A "thank you, but this is what I also heard regarding what you told me. Please explain." would perhaps be a bit more appropriate than jumping to assumptions, lashing out with accusations based on incomplete info and you might actually learn something that way.
I am not facing your trial here. So better keep your finicky observations with you. One should deserve a Thank You it is not a forced gesture.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I am not facing your trial here. So better keep your finicky observations with you. One should deserve a Thank You it is not a forced gesture.
Why are you intentionally dishonestly straw-manning me and misleading us with your ambiguous replies?

See how that works? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis