Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Am I the only one buying Amazon stock today? There has to be a bounce one day, maybe not to previous levels, but….

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I often buy stuff from Amazon but can't afford buying some of their stock.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Wow, never noticed single share prices are so high for AMZN....but my stock buying days are in the past anyways.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Wow, never noticed single share prices are so high for AMZN....but my stock buying days are in the past anyways.
True story.
In 2015 I am listening to a financial show while going to work. They are hyping Amazon stock as the future. I go into the office, fired up my computer and Amazon stock was priced around $300 a share. I quickly said, “too rich for my blood” and closed my laptop.
for years whenever I thought about buying that stock it was always too rich for my blood. I eventually purchased some, but trust me, I paid a whole lot more that $300 a share!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
True story.
In 2015 I am listening to a financial show while going to work. They are hyping Amazon stock as the future. I go into the office, fired up my computer and Amazon stock was priced around $300 a share. I quickly said, “too rich for my blood” and closed my laptop.
for years whenever I thought about buying that stock it was always too rich for my blood. I eventually purchased some, but trust me, I paid a whole lot more that $300 a share!
I think when it first released I had a similar reaction to the price, tho don't remember what it was particularly. Have they ever done a split? Doesn't seem so if the price is still up in that territory, or it's been a while? I had a good ride with some tech stocks for a while when I worked, but not an active investor for quite a while now.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
There is a point where I agree. Saying "it costs too much" isn't always a sound strategy. Where I could possibly buy 1 share now, I don't see the upside unless Amazon splits 20-for-1, or even 10-for-1, and then continues to grow.
But even Bezos said Amazon can't keep going forever. ;)
For the more meagerly funded portfolio, looking for those stocks you can buy-in at up to ~$300 per share is the limit, I think. But above $150-200... it needs a good story with some upside. ;) Buying any stock without some upside is a silly thing to do, imo, unless you are just looking for safe-haven low risk opportunities.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Was just reading an article saying that this dip is actually the time to buy it ahead of the split. Looking forward the business of selling stuff is expected to slow as people return to work, however the cloud portion of the business is expanding as that market grows. Covid isn't quite over yet though. The real risk though overall seems to be the expectation the Fed will increase rates by .5%

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Was just reading an article saying that this dip is actually the time to buy it ahead of the split. Looking forward the business of selling stuff is expected to slow as people return to work, however the cloud portion of the business is expanding as that market grows. Covid isn't quite over yet though. The real risk though overall seems to be the expectation the Fed will increase rates by .5%
I think the market already priced in the .5%, when Powell said they were not considering a .75 basis point increase, the market responded positively!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The market is far too jittery currently. Every bit of news has the entire thing up or down.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
The market is far too jittery currently. Every bit of news has the entire thing up or down.
i probably should have waited to buy more Amazon….it is going to take a long time to recover…..

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
i probably should have waited to buy more Amazon….it is going to take a long time to recover…..
Will still be up in the long run, but yeah, I am holding out a bit and thinking about buying some things during this dip. With everything slowing, I am going to keep that to a minimum though.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis