I Need Loudspeaker Recommendations

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
I have a Studio 570v3 I use with a pair of Mirage OM-6 powered towers and I absolutely love it. It’s the first Paradigm CC I’ve ever owned. I do have a pair of Paradigm Monitor 7v5’s that I used as mains for a few weeks and while they’re a smaller tower they’re definitely a great speaker. I’m actually debating selling them for cheap. With the Monitors being so small depending how high your tv is, you could use a single monitor tower as a CC.

T

Tysonm

Audiophyte
Thanks for the help/advice everyone. I ended up buying 2 of them. I also got a $50 discount bringing my total to $750 and I should get 3% cashback on top of that, so $727.50 should be what I end up paying. I'm pretty excited. I have a feeling that these will be the nicest speakers I will have owned! Thanks again :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks for the help/advice everyone. I ended up buying 2 of them. I also got a $50 discount bringing my total to $750 and I should get 3% cashback on top of that, so $727.50 should be what I end up paying. I'm pretty excited. I have a feeling that these will be the nicest speakers I will have owned! Thanks again :)
You got the 590s? Awesome final price if so.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I think you'll like the 590s. If not, you should not have too much trouble selling them for close to what you paid but I don't anticipate that. Besides Erin's video on center speaker issues, he also has a recent review on several different brands that is worth watching. A lot of the centers out there are good for the center seating position but noticeably suffer off of center, which is why members here have made some other recommendations for you.

I agree with Pandaman that the Paradigm Studio centers sound very good. I'm running a Studio 590v5 that I've been very happy with. Studio centers come up on USAudioMart now and then and offer good value.

@Pogre the Paradigm Monitor line are ok for those on a budget but I was never that fond of them after having heard the Studios. There is quite a jump between the two. The problem when you hear a really good speaker is that the rest leave you underwhelmed. :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
@Pogre the Paradigm Monitor line are ok for those on a budget but I was never that fond of them after having heard the Studios. There is quite a jump between the two. The problem when you hear a really good speaker is that the rest leave you underwhelmed. :)
Gotcha. I'll try to keep that in my database. I hear mostly good about Paradigm in general but I'm not that familiar with their lineups. That's why I'm always pinging you when Paradigm pops up, lol.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Gotcha. I'll try to keep that in my database. I hear mostly good about Paradigm in general but I'm not that familiar with their lineups. That's why I'm always pinging you when Paradigm pops up, lol.
The Monitors would probably compare to the JBL Stage series and I would consider the JBL Studio 590 a step up but not quite as good as the Paradigm Premier towers. I like the sound of JBL horns, though, so take personal bias into account. Damn, I am still tempted to go back and get those JBL HDI-3600. They sounded sweet!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
JBL Studio 6 becomes available in the US this Summer. ;)

;)

Including the 3-way!...

:D

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
JBL Studio 6 becomes available in the US this Summer. ;)

;)

Including the 3-way!...

:D
That looks like a derivative of the HDI series. There could be some really good value there.

G

gaby95

Audioholic
I have only read about what a great Center the 504C is and I also have seen other reviews saying it matches really well with the 590's. I will have to look at other Centers though. Thank you!
The 504c is not that good and for the price you can do much better. I tested it as well as the RC64 iii among MANY I have been testing for my 590s (Stonehenge Cinema ie..6x JBL 590s).
I am on my final stages of testing with the final 3 (unless I decide to give a Tekton Pendragon a try) are the Monolith THX 365c, the Infinity RC263 and the Revel C208 (way more expensive than the others).

I tested the following
JBL 530 as center (vertical)
JBL 520c
Klipsch RC64, 504c and RC64 III
RSC200
Paradigm 600c
JBL 590 vertical as center (not an option for me right now bust maybe in the future)
Emotiva C2+
Elac UC52
Monolith THX 365c
Infinity RC263
Revel C208 (arriving today!)

T

Tysonm

Audiophyte
The 504c is not that good and for the price you can do much better. I tested it as well as the RC64 iii among MANY I have been testing for my 590s (Stonehenge Cinema ie..6x JBL 590s).
I am on my final stages of testing with the final 3 (unless I decide to give a Tekton Pendragon a try) are the Monolith THX 365c, the Infinity RC263 and the Revel C208 (way more expensive than the others).

I tested the following
JBL 530 as center (vertical)
JBL 520c
Klipsch RC64, 504c and RC64 III
RSC200
Paradigm 600c
JBL 590 vertical as center (not an option for me right now bust maybe in the future)
Emotiva C2+
Elac UC52
Monolith THX 365c
Infinity RC263
Revel C208 (arriving today!)
So far I am loving the 590's, it's an absolutely great sounding speaker. Late in the year when I upgrade my TV. I will then upgrade my center channel. I'm curious as to which one(s) you like the best. I did a decent amount of research on some. The Revel have all rave reviews, but the prices are just too much for me, lol. I noticed that the Emotiva C2+ would be my top pick so far, even though it can have hints of lobing. I'm not too concerned about that though.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis