Accessories 4 Less sale

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
$200 off the SR6015, 7015 and 8015. I just ordered a 6015 with a 3 year extended warranty and FedEx overnight shipping for $1459 total. Without all the extras I believe it was somewhere around $1200

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That ain't bad for the 6015! With a 3 year warranty to boot!

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
That ain't bad for the 6015! With a 3 year warranty to boot!
I thought it was a steal! And overnight FedEx shipping! My x4300h still works great but I’ve been using the Thena Audio sHARC adapter to get e-ARC from HDMI 2.1tvs via my Series X and not have to buy a whole new AVR but with the new OLED and such a great price I figure what the hell. It’s very similar to the 4300h from what I can read. I’ve got a Carver 705x for my bed layer so it’s not like it’ll be pushed that hard, the one bummer is having to spend another $200 on another Multi EQ X license after I just spent that on one for the Denon a few months ago. Oh well

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I thought it was a steal! And overnight FedEx shipping! My x4300h still works great but I’ve been using the Thena Audio sHARC adapter to get e-ARC from HDMI 2.1tvs via my Series X and not have to buy a whole new AVR but with the new OLED and such a great price I figure what the hell. It’s very similar to the 4300h from what I can read. I’ve got a Carver 705x for my bed layer so it’s not like it’ll be pushed that hard, the one bummer is having to spend another $200 on another Multi EQ X license after I just spent that on one for the Denon a few months ago. Oh well
Having to repurchase that MultEQ X license is some booshit, but yeah. That's a great price for what's still a newer model. I have the 6011 and not planning to replace it anytime soon. I think you're right that's its right about there with the Denon 4xxx series. If not it's in between the 3xxx and 4xxx series. Any difference in power is negligible and they pretty much match feature for feature.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Is that a factory 3 year warranty or just a warranty thru the 3rd party outfit that A4L uses?

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
So it’s the typical 1 year factory warranty and than you get 3 years from their provider. From what I understand it’s like the replacement plan from Best Buy. When I worked there we were told to always push those service plans as obviously they’re pure profit and the average consumer won’t ever file a claim. But they’re giving away 2 year plans for free and it was another $35 to extend it to 3 years so I figured what the hell. I had a similar dilemma with the C1 OLED I just bought two days ago, but with what I paid for it I went ahead and sprang for the 5 year warranty on the tv for an additional $125. I doubt I’ll ever use it with the Marantz but in the event that I do $35 isn’t too shabby.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So it’s the typical 1 year factory warranty and than you get 3 years from their provider. From what I understand it’s like the replacement plan from Best Buy. When I worked there we were told to always push those service plans as obviously they’re pure profit and the average consumer won’t ever file a claim. But they’re giving away 2 year plans for free and it was another $35 to extend it to 3 years so I figured what the hell. I had a similar dilemma with the C1 OLED I just bought two days ago, but with what I paid for it I went ahead and sprang for the 5 year warranty on the tv for an additional $125. I doubt I’ll ever use it with the Marantz but in the event that I do $35 isn’t too shabby.
More wondering what the differences are between the two types of warranty....I've not been impressed by much of the extended types....or even their worth, usually something will go wrong sooner than later.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
More wondering what the differences are between the two types of warranty....I've not been impressed by much of the extended types....or even their worth, usually something will go wrong sooner than later.
I would assume the factory warranty would involve sending it back to Sound United and than them determining what they’re going to do, the extended plan through A4L seems like a straight up replacement plan. Either way given the retail prices of the xx15 series they’re exponentially cheaper than any other source at the moment.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
In 10 years I haven’t had any issues pertaining to warranty claims with any Denon or Marantz AVR’s I’ve had and I’ve owned about 5.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I would assume the factory warranty would involve sending it back to Sound United and than them determining what they’re going to do, the extended plan through A4L seems like a straight up replacement plan. Either way given the retail prices of the xx15 series they’re exponentially cheaper than any other source at the moment.
From what I've read of the extended plans there's a fairly rapid reduction in value generally (and thus what they're willing to do to replace).

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
In 10 years I haven’t had any issues pertaining to warranty claims with any Denon or Marantz AVR’s I’ve had and I’ve owned about 5.
So curious, what was the attraction of the extended warranty particularly? It's a well known profit extender for the retailer rather than a particular benefit for the consumer....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
So curious, what was the attraction of the extended warranty particularly? It's a well known profit extender for the retailer rather than a particular benefit for the consumer....
Profit extender? A free warranty?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I had a similar dilemma with the C1 OLED I just bought two days ago,
I think I got the same one and the same thing came up.
I said, "no".
They tried for that with the couch too.
I said, "no".
Pretty much anytime more of my money was involved, I said, "no".

Oh yeah, when they tried it with a new car back in '08, it was "F^%& No"!

But look at the FREE 3 yr deal on this completely adequate rec'r for my particular application. So that's 800 out the door +/- ... I guess the deals will be there after I pay for an a/c but it hurts me to let the deals slide now. Serious first world problems.

In the future I might try, "no, thank you".

"No, motherf^%&er" would be a lot more fun though.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
F4DA465E-DCC5-4592-A39A-719AA1B8E05C.jpeg

So here’s how it breaks down. $145 was for overnight shipping. You figure there’s still plenty of retailers out there pushing it for $1999.99 without the free extended warranty.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis