2022, Current top 5 most competent full range speakers in budget/mid/high-end ranges?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Any thoughts on the HTD Level 3 towers?

Doh I can't update the list anymore, edit time out I guess. Sigh.

Very best,
Ask a mod like @Steve81 , @jinjuku if you can get edit privilege reassigned. :)

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Any thoughts on the HTD Level 3 towers?

Doh I can't update the list anymore, edit time out I guess. Sigh.

Very best,
Any reviews with measurements?

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
So I stop by to check out the top 5 speakers. I need some alternates in case the Philharmonic towers fall through since it's just crickets about that April shipment. Then I get Will Smith'd in the face with a whopping 31 speaker choices making it impossible to decide all over again. Can I assume that if I were sitting in a room blindfolded and hearing each one of these that I couldn't tell the difference because they are all so beyond incredible? Pricing is all over the map.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
So I stop by to check out the top 5 speakers. I need some alternates in case the Philharmonic towers fall through since it's just crickets about that April shipment. Then I get Will Smith'd in the face with a whopping 31 speaker choices making it impossible to decide all over again. Can I assume that if I were sitting in a room blindfolded and hearing each one of these that I couldn't tell the difference because they are all so beyond incredible? Pricing is all over the map.
If you are not 100% certain which speakers to buy, then it's best to wait. :D

Based on my experience, good speakers will sound more a like than not, with the biggest obvious difference being the BASS output.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Hmm... maybe @MalVeauX should break those up into their respective ranges. Like 3 categories. Under $2k, $2k to $6k and $6k and up? I dunno if he can edit it still tho...

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Have you connected with @D Murphy or @internova1 recently? ;)

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
Have you connected with @D Murphy or @internova1 recently? ;)
I haven't. I've always been the kid in the back seat that NEVER asked "are we there yet?" I feel like it's pestering when Dennis clearly told me he would send out invoices when the boat arrives. I wonder how many fish he's caught waiting at the dock for my speakers to show.

D

D Murphy

Full Audioholic
I haven't. I've always been the kid in the back seat that NEVER asked "are we there yet?" I feel like it's pestering when Dennis clearly told me he would send out invoices when the boat arrives. I wonder how many fish he's caught waiting at the dock for my speakers to show.
There's really no mystery or cricket chirping about the next BMR shipment. The container ship left two weeks late due to a Covid lock down in China. The ship is also going to dock in New York rather than CA, which meant it had to go through the Panama Canal. All this has been explained on my AVS thread. The ETA for docking in New York is May 15, 2-3 weeks later than initially planned. That's not much of a delay under current circumstances.

MalVeauX

MalVeauX

Senior Audioholic
After seeing this review, these seem like a great candidate in the budget side of things at $800 a pair.

Very best,

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
There's really no mystery or cricket chirping about the next BMR shipment. The container ship left two weeks late due to a Covid lock down in China. The ship is also going to dock in New York rather than CA, which meant it had to go through the Panama Canal. All this has been explained on my AVS thread. The ETA for docking in New York is May 15, 2-3 weeks later than initially planned. That's not much of a delay under current circumstances.
Interesting. CA means California rather than Canada in this case? I don't use avs much....but having been in the logistics industry most of my life kinda weird in the usual days to have a ship discharge on east coast US instead of west coast as intended.....did you get some transhipment (i.e. change of ship/port in transit) involved?

ps If you want, would love to delve into details about the transit details via PM if you don't want to do in the general discussion....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis