Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
That's impressive. I worked with some of those names in my past and remember reading reserve analysis saying the same about the amount of oil out there. Also, had to do much damage analysis after the Deepwater Horizon CAT. What a F'up that was.

The key to lower prices in that sector as well as any market is competition. Biden is right to criticize gouging but personally I give him no credit. He, or better said, the people around him caused this and are now trying to make political points off of the results.

As bad as they are, the multinationals are behaving exactly according to their read of the market. Once Biden took office everybody in the industry knew that his policies were going to restrict competition. The Keystone XL cancellation along with his other early moves caused prices to spike immediately. The oil market as any commodity is based on advanced contract pricing and futures speculation. Restriction of supply will cause prices to increase.

Those policies combined with the green agenda item of pressuring financial institutions to restrict loans to the smaller/medium sized oil players has crushed competition for the big multinationals, OPEC and even the Russians. They are benefiting from our policies and the common person is paying for it. We have indirectly helped line Putin's pockets..

Damn, the Saudi's wouldn't even take Biden's phone calls to increase supply and here we are looking to Venezuela to increase supply and untapping our national reserves?
It's a sad situation.
Yeah, I definitely gave him too much credit. After all, the way they've been running the White House the last 4 or 5 decades most of the presidents are just the mouthpiece for the ones around him. Your post hit spot on!! Your insight is very excellent my friend the way this country is being run. My oldest Son, is similar and your thoughts on what's going on. I'm old school he is very current.

Lining Putin's pockets for his agenda, same can be said for China and their agenda. That goes back to NAFTA, even way before NAFTA. Both parties are responsible, I've said this before and I'll say it again, that two party system Republicans, Democrat system has ruined this country.

Last edited:
SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Yeah, I definitely gave him too much credit. After all, the way they've been running the White House the last 4 or 5 decades most of the presidents are just the mouthpiece for the ones around him. Your post hit spot on!! Your insight is very excellent my friend the way this country is being run. My oldest Son, is similar and your thoughts on what's going on. I'm old school he is very current.

Lining Putin's pockets for his agenda, same can be said for China and their agenda. That goes back to NAFTA, even way before NAFTA. Both parties are responsible, I've said this before and I'll say it again, that two party system Republicans, Democrat system has ruined this country.
Yes, you're right on that. That's one of the reasons the founders of the country disliked parties. They wanted us to think like Americans.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
The former is worse than the latter, but does it excuse the latter?
No, but let's be clear about what happened- the DNC was hacked, they panicked and got rid of some evidence (not really, but the media hounds had stuffy noses, so they couldn't smell anything. Then, they made up a story about Trump being in bed with Russia & Ukraine, while the Bidens were fist deep in there. Again, the media let Hunter's BS slide and now, they admit it was real, even though the Left made all of that noise about Trump trying to steal the election. The media got Biden elected, just like they did with Obama. Make no mistake- they did and it was easy to see. One of the things that pisses me off about what people said during the '08 and '12 elections had to do with calling White people racist if they didn't vote for him but if anyone cares to look at the vote totals by demographics, they'll see that if it weren't for White voters, Obama COULDN'T have won even if every Black person voted for him, man, woman or child.

The media sucks, our election process sucks, the candidates suck, most of Congress sucks and it's getting to the point where this country is unrecognizable as having anything to do with democracy.

YMMV, of course.

highfigh

highfigh

That's impressive. I worked with some of those names in my past and remember reading reserve analysis saying the same about the amount of oil out there. Also, had to do much damage analysis after the Deepwater Horizon CAT. What a F'up that was.

The key to lower prices in that sector as well as any market is competition. Biden is right to criticize gouging but personally I give him no credit. He, or better said, the people around him caused this and are now trying to make political points off of the results.

As bad as they are, the multinationals are behaving exactly according to their read of the market. Once Biden took office everybody in the industry knew that his policies were going to restrict competition. The Keystone XL cancellation along with his other early moves caused prices to spike immediately. The oil market as any commodity is based on advanced contract pricing and futures speculation. Restriction of supply will cause prices to increase.

Those policies combined with the green agenda item of pressuring financial institutions to restrict loans to the smaller/medium sized oil players has crushed competition for the big multinationals, OPEC and even the Russians. They are benefiting from our policies and the common person is paying for it. We have indirectly helped line Putin's pockets..

Damn, the Saudi's wouldn't even take Biden's phone calls to increase supply and here we are looking to Venezuela to increase supply and untapping our national reserves?
It's a sad situation.
Let's see if the Saudis still want their military aid from the US. "Sorry, fresh out- had to help Ukraine" might ring in their ears for awhile.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
No, but let's be clear about what happened- the DNC was hacked, they panicked and got rid of some evidence (not really, but the media hounds had stuffy noses, so they couldn't smell anything. Then, they made up a story about Trump being in bed with Russia & Ukraine,

Hacked by Republican operatives?

even though the Left made all of that noise about Trump trying to steal the election

Because Trump was trying to steal the election??? It doesn't sound like Trump to be doing the good will by 'saving America from the China corrupt Bidens'. I'm more inclined to think his ego couldn't handle losing.

The media got Biden elected, just like they did with Obama. Make no mistake- they did and it was easy to see. One of the things that pisses me off about what people said during the '08 and '12 elections had to do with calling White people racist if they didn't vote for him but if anyone cares to look at the vote totals by demographics, they'll see that if it weren't for White voters, Obama COULDN'T have won even if every Black person voted for him, man, woman or child.

I think a significant reason for Trump losing was Trump. We simply wanted the loud mouth gone! I know I'm glad I don't have to listen to the noise from the mic anymore. I'm sure the media contributed to their wins, but with Obama he was young and a rock star. McCain was older and didn't really have charisma. Hillary was climbing from behind against Obama, but the DNC shut it down because they knew Obama would defeat McCain easily. Hillary might not have won vs McCain.

I agree with your point on Obama and race baiting.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Let's see if the Saudis still want their military aid from the US. "Sorry, fresh out- had to help Ukraine" might ring in their ears for awhile.
Good point. They will need military aid from somewhere and it will be three choices really. The US, China and Russia with us still holding the advantage. They will hopefully be patient until we get a new presidential administration that is realistic of "real" US interests. Nixon made a deal with the devil in 1973 to get them to support the US dollar in the Petrodollars deal. That deal provided support to the US dollar when Nixon took us off the gold tied dollar, brought oil prices down, and allowed the US government to spend outside our means. We agreed to support them no matter what since.

Also, because of that deal we are now involved in propping them in the Yemen civil war. Another war we are told little about. Things are getting complicated now. Since the Obama administration was dedicated to doing that completely mistaken Nuclear Deal with Iran in 2015, the Saudi's are seeking Nuclear weapons to counter what Iran will eventually develop. Nuclear weapons in the hands of both countries in an area rich with oil and Israel will make international diplomacy and nuclear risk a priority going forward. This is why this new Iranian deal by Biden's managers must be scuttled. Iran should have been where regime change took place since 2001. The Iranians, along with the Kurds are another great people who should have their freedom.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
What's you guys thoughts on all of the refugees we've been taking in? Iraq Afghanistan now Ukraine. Not to mention all of the illegals coming in. Funny how the World hates America and Americans, till they need us. The tax payer backs are loaded up already 30+ trillion dollar debt. We got overcrowded prisons millions homeless on the streets and now taking in more refugees. Housing shortage, sky high rent. Thoughts?

highfigh

highfigh

No, but let's be clear about what happened- the DNC was hacked, they panicked and got rid of some evidence (not really, but the media hounds had stuffy noses, so they couldn't smell anything. Then, they made up a story about Trump being in bed with Russia & Ukraine,

Hacked by Republican operatives?

even though the Left made all of that noise about Trump trying to steal the election

Because Trump was trying to steal the election??? It doesn't sound like Trump to be doing the good will by 'saving America from the China corrupt Bidens'. I'm more inclined to think his ego couldn't handle losing.

The media got Biden elected, just like they did with Obama. Make no mistake- they did and it was easy to see. One of the things that pisses me off about what people said during the '08 and '12 elections had to do with calling White people racist if they didn't vote for him but if anyone cares to look at the vote totals by demographics, they'll see that if it weren't for White voters, Obama COULDN'T have won even if every Black person voted for him, man, woman or child.

I think a significant reason for Trump losing was Trump. We simply wanted the loud mouth gone! I know I'm glad I don't have to listen to the noise from the mic anymore. I'm sure the media contributed to their wins, but with Obama he was young and a rock star. McCain was older and didn't really have charisma. Hillary was climbing from behind against Obama, but the DNC shut it down because they knew Obama would defeat McCain easily. Hillary might not have won vs McCain.

I agree with your point on Obama and race baiting.
Deny, deny, deny.

Bidens were in bed with Russia, Ukraine and China. Have you not seen this? Follow the money- if the media had done its job, things would be different. Not necessarily better, but different.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
What's you guys thoughts on all of the refugees we've been taking in? Iraq Afghanistan now Ukraine. Not to mention all of the illegals coming in. Funny how the World hates America and Americans, till they need us. The tax payer backs are loaded up already 30+ trillion dollar debt. We got overcrowded prisons millions homeless on the streets and now taking in more refugees. Housing shortage, sky high rent. Thoughts?
I could be wildly off but my impression was the US wants to spend as much as possible and have foreign interests buy our debt through the goods we purchase to maintain American economic might globally. It's why I LOL about the anti-American statement regarding offshore jobs and profits. If we want better paying jobs, more benefits, and consume today thinking, well.....

highfigh

highfigh

I could be wildly off but my impression was the US wants to spend as much as possible and have foreign interests buy our debt through the goods we purchase to maintain American economic might globally. It's why I LOL about the anti-American statement regarding offshore jobs and profits. If we want better paying jobs, more benefits, and consume today thinking, well.....
Can you elaborate/explain this?

"the US wants to spend as much as possible and have foreign interests buy our debt through the goods we purchase"

I thought Chinese interests were buying US real estate outright, or was it "sold" as part of the payments for what they manufactured for the US?

We can't have better paying jobs AND low cost 'Made In 'Murica' goods. People need to understand that's the reason behind offshore manufacturing. Corporations make more, but manufacturing with $25/hour minimum + bennies doesn't allow the price for US made goods to be low. Before the economic big dump during Obama, many GM workers were making $100K+- hell, machinists at Harley were making that much in the mid-'80s, with lots of overtime. The US can't make Apple Watches and other small electronics at the same scale and for the same price- it's just not going to happen. Can't make $10 shirts, hats and pants here, either.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai

"the US wants to spend as much as possible and have foreign interests buy our debt through the goods we purchase"

I thought Chinese interests were buying US real estate outright, or was it "sold" as part of the payments for what they manufactured for the US?

We can't have better paying jobs AND low cost 'Made In 'Murica' goods. People need to understand that's the reason behind offshore manufacturing. Corporations make more, but manufacturing with $25/hour minimum + bennies doesn't allow the price for US made goods to be low. Before the economic big dump during Obama, many GM workers were making $100K+- hell, machinists at Harley were making that much in the mid-'80s, with lots of overtime. The US can't make Apple Watches and other small electronics at the same scale and for the same price- it's just not going to happen. Can't make $10 shirts, hats and pants here, either.
Where are we gonna house them? What jobs are they gonna fill? We have born Americans living paycheck to paycheck some out on the streets living in their cars, tent's. Policies, section 8 housing food stamps welfare?

highfigh

highfigh

Where are we gonna house them? What jobs are they gonna fill? We have born Americans living paycheck to paycheck some out on the streets living in their cars, tent's. Policies, section 8 housing food stamps welfare?
All I hear is that businesses can't fill positions and the WH keeps saying that unemployment is down, that 431K left the ranks of the unemployed last month (what I actually saw over the weekend). How many thousands of businesses closed because of COVID, how many people lost their jobs, how many left the workforce by dying, retiring, starting their own business?

The WH is playing Three Card Monty with us and we want to play Chess. Let's have some effing strategy, not blathering on about what a great job POTUS is doing and that "The economy is fine".

Even Psaki is leaving, to get a better job.

The US can't house, feed or educate all of its citizens- where the eff are the immigrants supposed to live? Where will they work? How will they be fed? What about medical care?

According to the link, more than a million deaths have been reported, but I'm not sure they're all due to COVID-

This ship is on fire and the Cap'n just wants another ice cream cone from the buffet.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
We have to go back to a controlled immigration system. One of the most prominent economists of the last century once said. "you cannot have an open border and run a generous welfare state at the same time. At some point, the border will have to be closed or the welfare state will fail". Since it's helpful sometimes to simply ask, Why? The question is why did the Democratic party until @2012 want to control illegal immigration and then suddenly change?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan

That's basically what I was getting at. We want it, and we want it now!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Everywhere around me is dying for people to come work for them. We don't have a job shortage here, we do have a labor shortage.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Everywhere around me is dying for people to come work for them. We don't have a job shortage here, we do have a labor shortage.
Same in my area. Just an observation, I partially blame current standards for this shortage. I.e., where is the teenage workforce that existed when I was growing up? I had my children working from age 12 doing odd jobs, mowing lawns or babysitting. No sitting on their ass playing video games and texting with friends. The too much homework issue? if you watch kids doing homework these days, half the time they are on social media. I had friends do the same with their kids. The results were pretty uniform. They learned how to deal with bosses, finances, budgeting their time, learning how to work with people other than their parents older than them, the list is long. This later helped them greatly when they attended college. Obviously all kids are different but there's much waste going on.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
No, but let's be clear about what happened- the DNC was hacked, they panicked and got rid of some evidence (not really, but the media hounds had stuffy noses, so they couldn't smell anything. Then, they made up a story about Trump being in bed with Russia & Ukraine, while the Bidens were fist deep in there. Again, the media let Hunter's BS slide and now, they admit it was real, even though the Left made all of that noise about Trump trying to steal the election. The media got Biden elected, just like they did with Obama. Make no mistake- they did and it was easy to see. One of the things that pisses me off about what people said during the '08 and '12 elections had to do with calling White people racist if they didn't vote for him but if anyone cares to look at the vote totals by demographics, they'll see that if it weren't for White voters, Obama COULDN'T have won even if every Black person voted for him, man, woman or child.

The media sucks, our election process sucks, the candidates suck, most of Congress sucks and it's getting to the point where this country is unrecognizable as having anything to do with democracy.

YMMV, of course.
The media didn't elect Biden anymore than they elected Trump. Stop blaming the media for what the parties do.

Trump elected Biden.

If the media is as bad as you state, you are free to start your own, you'll get 60 days free on AWS.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
No labor shortage, it's a wage shortage. Want to hire people? Compete by increasing what you offer. Business' have to understand that they don't have a right to cheap labor. The business' that do understand this don't have a problem attracting and keeping employees.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
We have to go back to a controlled immigration system. One of the most prominent economists of the last century once said. "you cannot have an open border and run a generous welfare state at the same time. At some point, the border will have to be closed or the welfare state will fail". Since it's helpful sometimes to simply ask, Why? The question is why did the Democratic party until @2012 want to control illegal immigration and then suddenly change?
We have a controlled immigration system.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis