2022, Current top 5 most competent full range speakers in budget/mid/high-end ranges?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
The Imagine X2T.

Their flagship model, T600, retailing for 10.9K gets into the low mid 20s.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks; this is more in line with the spirit of the fun of this thread and why it's not strictly a specific hz or note, but rather just getting close in various price brackets. I think some people cannot get past a few ideas and have fun with it and that's ok.

I appreciate everyone's input either way.

Very best,
Looking around on-line I think it's good to specify that the speaker needs to go down to 35 or 30 Hz. Thread title does say top 5, and there are lots of towers that will go down to 40 Hz. Extending that down to 35 or 30 narrows down the competition.

MalVeauX

MalVeauX

Senior Audioholic
Looking around on-line I think it's good to specify that the speaker needs to go down to 35 or 30 Hz. Thread title does say top 5, and there are lots of towers that will go down to 40 Hz. Extending that down to 35 or 30 narrows down the competition.
That's a good point, I think for the high end stuff, for sure, it needs to do 30hz or lower. For the budget opposite side of that bracket though, I wouldn't expect it, so keeping it loose to allow for a budget pick.

Very best,

MalVeauX

MalVeauX

Senior Audioholic
The Imagine X2T.

Thanks, added

Very best,

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The Imagine X2T.

6.5" Woofers x 3 will get it down to mid 20s (T600)?

Hey, @Replicant 7 maybe the RBH SF-6500, which has 6.5" Woofers x 3 and 6.5" Midrange x 2, will get below 30Hz in-room. :D

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Hey, @Replicant 7 maybe the RBH SF-6500, which has 6.5" Woofers x 3 and 6.5" Midrange x 2, will get below 30Hz in-room. :D
I was gonna ask about those. I know you posted some info on those somewhere already, but if you have a link handy..?

I'm definitely interested in anything new from RBH. One of my favorite speaker manufacturers.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I was gonna ask about those. I know you posted some info on those somewhere already, but if you have a link handy..?

I'm definitely interested in anything new from RBH. One of my favorite speaker manufacturers.
RBH has not released anything on the new SF-6500 (1" Tweeter, 6.5" Woofer x 5) and SF-8300 (1" Tweeter, 6.5" Woofer x 2, 8" Woofer x 3) towers yet.

SF-6500 tower will be in the $4,200-$5,000 MSRP/pair range.
SF-8300 tower price still needs to be worked out. :D

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Just for reference and fun (and to make a few AH member's heads explode) here is Stereophile's latest list of recommended loudspeakers. They consider "full range" as reaching 20Hz and among their "A (Full Range)" ranking, the cheapest pair is the Golden Ear Triton Reference for $11K, the most expensive is the Wilson Chronosonic XVX at $335K.
Note that the Perlisten S7t ($18K) that was so favorably reviewed here on AH is considered class A, but is under the "Restricted Extreme LF" (i.e., not full range) category.
John, what's worth noting is that Kal thought the Perlisten's bested his Revel's in his room and as an owner of the same Revels that's saying something IMO.......

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I love the look of those older Kharma speakers, but those are not in production anymore. They stopped making them some years ago.
the current version, ones I listened to, were the DB11-1.1-S

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
6.5" Woofers x 3 will get it down to mid 20s (T600)?

Here are Stereophile's measurements

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Here are Stereophile's measurements

So the Anechoic F3 looks like 40Hz (~ 83dB?).

JA’s In-Room Response (room dimensions, placement?) -3dB bass response (3 Ports Open) looks about mid-20’s (~ 83dB?) as you said.

Okay, It seems depending on room size and placement near corners, a tower with three 6,5” woofers and three open ports can go below 30Hz (at 83dB?).

But again, bass output is not 90-100dB.

Would like to see what @shadyJ and @TLS Guy say about these measurements.

MalVeauX

MalVeauX

Senior Audioholic
Any thoughts on the Adrenal 1723 Towers at $3.5k per pair?

Was just looking at them, I like their finish and display. Saw AH had a review on their monitors. Then another thread popped up with their name in the title, so had me revisiting them. Curious if anyone measured these in room and if they do get to an honest 34hz or near that?

Very best,

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord

Was just looking at them, I like their finish and display. Saw AH had a review on their monitors. Then another thread popped up with their name in the title, so had me revisiting them. Curious if anyone measured these in room and if they do get to an honest 34hz or near that?

Very best,
I would expect. Their other marketing seemed to be truthful on the products reviewed. No false claims about 99dB sensitivity (Klipsch) or infrasonic output (DefTech). :p
They do show their own FR with 3 vents open having an F3 at 38. Plugging one port for extended tuning and the 34Hz rating make sense.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan

Very best,
while they seem to be rather impressive, the 'made in China' is a turn off........

Last edited:
MalVeauX

MalVeauX

Senior Audioholic
while they seem to be rather impressive, the 'made in China' is a turn off........
Do you really think the components in most speakers are not made in China?

Do you have tech at all that is not made in China, or at least, not in your country?

Personally I don't care where its parts come from, as long as it is supported locally.

Very best,

MalVeauX

MalVeauX

Senior Audioholic
Any thoughts on the HTD Level 3 towers?

Doh I can't update the list anymore, edit time out I guess. Sigh.

Very best,

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis