New to Paradigm speakers

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
So I’m a person who loves Mirage speakers. My collection of them spans almost their entire catalog but I’ve bought and sold plenty of other brands to fund my own upgrades and have had the opportunity to use them prior to selling them so I have heard a wide array of makes and models. Paradigm is a company that’s always caught my eye and being engineered and made in Canada like Mirage was for 90% of their existence gave me a bit of confidence. I recently picked up a pair of Monitor 7 v5’s and a Studio CC570 v3 for $300 total. I’ll be setting them up this weekend and dialing them in but just based on a brief two channel session with the Monitor’s I was pleasantly surprised by their midrange clarity, off axis performance and low end extension especially considering their original retail price point. I also have a chance to grab a pair of Studio 60 v4 towers for $400 which I may end up doing, relegating the Monitor’s to surround duty. Any opinions from you guys on Paradigm?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
They seem to be a good brand, respected.
There is the Owners Thread, here:

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
They seem to be a good brand, respected.
There is the Owners Thread, here:
Thanks man! I didn’t even think to look that up. Hey did you ever finish your sub build?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks man! I didn’t even think to look that up. Hey did you ever finish your sub build?
Ha!
I need Amps. So now I am waiting for the right opportunity.
I saw I missed a run of Crown XLS 2502s. I'm keeping my eyes open for them to come back in stock, or to try CVR Amps which is a Clone based on an old Powersoft design.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
Ha!
I need Amps. So now I am waiting for the right opportunity.
I saw I missed a run of Crown XLS 2502s. I'm keeping my eyes open for them to come back in stock, or to try CVR Amps which is a Clone based on an old Powersoft design.
A guy who’s subs I just calibrated has a pair of them. He was using them to drive some PA subs or something to that effect. He offered them to me but I had no use to them, if you want I can reach out to him and see if he still has them. I’m positive he would let them go for next to nothing based on the price he offered them to me for.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Where are you at?
Might be intriguing. 2502s?

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
Where are you at?
Might be intriguing. 2502s?
I’m in 01085. I can probably get the pair for $200 if he still has them. If you wanted me to ship them I would, I’ve sold some stuff to guys on here and had great experiences. That being said I would be willing to send them to you first so you can verify functionality and than you could just Venmo me after. Just a thought

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis