D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
The Wikipedia page you posted has not been updated with the latest NY Times reporting. That should tell you something about Wikipedia's reliability..

Didn't you scorn Wiki, then use Wiki, only to scorn Wiki again?

Interesting enough, the last posting on the Wikipedia entry is this which speaks volumes.

In her resignation letter from The New York Times, journalist Bari Weiss, who later founded the Substack newsletter named Common Sense, said "When we're not able to say that Hunter Biden's laptop is a story worth pursuing, the world has gone mad."[94]

If you are still iffy on it, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe this might help. Ask yourself, how would the non Fox media have covered this if Hunter were Don Jr?

It's a vague sentence that doesn't decide anything.

From directly above the paragraph you cite.....

Congress
On January 21, 2021, the day after Biden's inauguration, Republican representative Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia filed articles of impeachment against Biden that cited the claims.[91] No fellow members of Congress co-sponsored the articles.

Other press outlets
Fellow press outlets The New York Times, The Washington Post and The Wall Street Journal stated that they could not independently verify the data provided by the New York Post.[9] NBC News requested a copy of the hard drive from Giuliani, who told them that he would not provide one; they say Giuliani offered them copies of a small number of emails but would not give them the full set.[92]

David Folkenflik of NPR observed that the New York Post story asserted as facts things it presumed to be true. He also noted that the credited lead author of the story, deputy political editor Emma-Jo Morris, had virtually no previous bylines in reporting, and her most significant prior employment was a nearly four-year position as a producer on Sean Hannity's Fox News program. Hannity, a close Trump advisor, has repeatedly suggested wrongdoing by Biden in Ukraine.[49]

Vanity Fair observed the story had exposed an ongoing journalistic "cold war" within Rupert Murdoch's media empire, which includes The New York Post, Fox News, and The Wall Street Journal. In particular, it described an internal rift over coverage by the Journal which published an opinion article by conservative columnist Kimberley Strassel inflating the claims, only to have the news section publish an article which "swept the legs out from under their Opinion colleague's argument" four hours later. Ryan Lizza, reporter for Politico, was quoted as saying "reporters at the WSJ, Fox News, and NYP have all come to the same conclusion about these documents but they are being drowned out by bad faith activists on the opinion side at these Murdoch companies who favor Trump's re-election."
[93]

The conclusion I came to were the names Trump, Bannon, Giuliani, Hannity, and Murdoch. None of which I really trust. I liked McConnell's "how reprehensible" bit on Twitter (ie how terrible it is you didn't publish this conspiracy which will benefit the reelection of Trump).

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
The Wikipedia page you posted has not been updated with the latest NY Times reporting. That should tell you something about Wikipedia's reliability..

Didn't you scorn Wiki, then use Wiki, only to scorn Wiki again?

Interesting enough, the last posting on the Wikipedia entry is this which speaks volumes.

In her resignation letter from The New York Times, journalist Bari Weiss, who later founded the Substack newsletter named Common Sense, said "When we're not able to say that Hunter Biden's laptop is a story worth pursuing, the world has gone mad."[94]

If you are still iffy on it, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe this might help. Ask yourself, how would the non Fox media have covered this if Hunter were Don Jr?

It's a vague sentence that doesn't decide anything.

From directly above the paragraph you cite.....

Congress
On January 21, 2021, the day after Biden's inauguration, Republican representative Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia filed articles of impeachment against Biden that cited the claims.[91] No fellow members of Congress co-sponsored the articles.

Other press outlets
Fellow press outlets The New York Times, The Washington Post and The Wall Street Journal stated that they could not independently verify the data provided by the New York Post.[9] NBC News requested a copy of the hard drive from Giuliani, who told them that he would not provide one; they say Giuliani offered them copies of a small number of emails but would not give them the full set.[92]

David Folkenflik of NPR observed that the New York Post story asserted as facts things it presumed to be true. He also noted that the credited lead author of the story, deputy political editor Emma-Jo Morris, had virtually no previous bylines in reporting, and her most significant prior employment was a nearly four-year position as a producer on Sean Hannity's Fox News program. Hannity, a close Trump advisor, has repeatedly suggested wrongdoing by Biden in Ukraine.[49]

Vanity Fair observed the story had exposed an ongoing journalistic "cold war" within Rupert Murdoch's media empire, which includes The New York Post, Fox News, and The Wall Street Journal. In particular, it described an internal rift over coverage by the Journal which published an opinion article by conservative columnist Kimberley Strassel inflating the claims, only to have the news section publish an article which "swept the legs out from under their Opinion colleague's argument" four hours later. Ryan Lizza, reporter for Politico, was quoted as saying "reporters at the WSJ, Fox News, and NYP have all come to the same conclusion about these documents but they are being drowned out by bad faith activists on the opinion side at these Murdoch companies who favor Trump's re-election."
[93]

The conclusion I came to were the names Trump, Bannon, Giuliani, Hannity, and Murdoch. None of which I really trust. I liked McConnell's "how reprehensible" bit on Twitter (ie how terrible it is you didn't publish this conspiracy which will benefit the reelection of Trump).
You posted the Wiki link as your source. I posted the NY Times and further add the WSJ from today.
I have said that Wiki is unreliable. Correct me if I am wrong, but scorn is your word.

So the NY Times, WSJ, US Justice Department, the FBI, and the U.S. attorney’s office in Delaware investigations are not enough for you? Nothing more I can do here. As the Brits say "Carry On"...

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
You posted the Wiki link as your source. I posted the NY Times and further add the WSJ from today.
I have said that Wiki is unreliable. Correct me if I am wrong, but scorn is your word.

So the NY Times, WSJ, US Justice Department, the FBI, and the U.S. attorney’s office in Delaware investigations are not enough for you? Nothing more I can do here. As the Brits say "Carry On"...
Hunter, now there's a real 'cracker' ............ :rolleyes:

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan

You fucking used Wiki once (see Bush admin) as a source after claiming they were unreliable. Today you're back to claiming they're unreliable when it benefits you. Choose one: either they are not are a reliable source, or they are. Pick one and stick with it. But not both. And be consistent. Jeez.

Trump was under impeachment the first time for withholding Ukrainian funds for a statement stating an investigation into Hunter Biden. That was way before the election. Why wait till October 2020 for its release hmmm? Hunter or the laptop are not exactly new news.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
You OK? I sense some tension.
I use Wikipedia occasionally because you believe it and at times its the only way to get a point across. If you think that is not helpful, I am most happy not to use it with you anymore.

Zelensky himself, in an interview with Axios after Trump left office, in April 2021, said that Trump did not put pressure on the Ukr in relation to the investigation of corruption there. That discredited the impeachment. Listen for yourself and watch the look on the reporters face after he says it. Worth a thousand words. Z also rips the leaker or whistle blower of that conversation. Is Zelensky's word good enough for you?

The story broke in October 2020 because that is when the NY Post discovered that the FBI is in possession of the laptop. In other words, they did not know that before.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Zelensky himself, in an interview with Axios after Trump left office, in April 2021, said that Trump did not put pressure on the Ukr in relation to the investigation of corruption there. That discredited the impeachment. Listen for yourself and watch the look on the reporters face after he says it. Worth a thousand words. Z also rips the leaker or whistle blower of that conversation. Is Zelensky's word good enough for you?

No, because Zelensky never clearly states Trump didn't try to coerce him into it.

The story broke in October 2020 because that is when the NY Post discovered that the FBI is in possession of the laptop. In other words, they did not know that before.

-
first impeachment
- October 2020
- Recent "Trump Asks Putin For Dirt On Biden"

I personally am seeing a pattern here and would check likely/unlikely. Obviously there's the technical/legal semantics of innocent that I try not to listen to when it comes to who holds the Senate. Also since the escalation of hate is one of the major appealing qualities of Trumpians (beyond charisma, strength, errr character), lets just say I have zero empathy for Republicans regarding Twitter's decision to bury the laptop story.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Been an interesting day for former "conspiracy theories". The WE skews to the right for sure, but you can read the original FEC document itself at the end of the article if you have the time. Let's see how the media reports this.

That this involves Hillary is even more poetic. She's the one who invented the term "right wing conspiracy" in 1998 in response to the Monica story. I believe that turned out to be true and lead to an impeachment. Don't believe me though, check it for yourself.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Been an interesting day for former "conspiracy theories". The WE skews to the right for sure, but you can read the original FEC document itself at the end of the article if you have the time. Let's see how the media reports this.

That this involves Hillary is even more poetic. She's the one who invented the term "right wing conspiracy" in 1998 in response to the Monica story. I believe that turned out to be true and lead to an impeachment. Don't believe me though, check it for yourself.

Not to defend Hillary too much but didn't right wing conspiracy kind of come true with the likes of Hannity, Tucker, and Alex Jones? The connection to Hillary makes sense to me only if it didn't come true. She used the term at the time to deflect from Bill's affair, but it doesn't mean the term applied to Republicans isn't correct. The conspiracy is part of their MO strategically. I'd imagine there's closeted Tucker/Hannity fans: it's nearly useless citing them as sources, but they're beneficial because they rev up resentment and hate and get people to the ballot boxes.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.

The FBI doesn't know where Hunter's laptop is. Imagine that.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Not to defend Hillary too much but didn't right wing conspiracy kind of come true with the likes of Hannity, Tucker, and Alex Jones? The connection to Hillary makes sense to me only if it didn't come true. She used the term at the time to deflect from Bill's affair, but it doesn't mean the term applied to Republicans isn't correct. The conspiracy is part of their MO strategically. I'd imagine there's closeted Tucker/Hannity fans: it's nearly useless citing them as sources, but they're beneficial because they rev up resentment and hate and get people to the ballot boxes.
I kind of get what you are saying and where you are coming from. Disagree because your viewpoint and BS meter is tilted to one side. Your minor defense of Hillary is one of many examples.

There are certainly things that actually are "conspiracy theory". Having stated that, the term has decidedly lost it's meaning and impact about as much labeling too many things "Hitler or Nazi". They have become terms for things "we don't agree with" or "we do not want to be known".

I know quite a few Fox fans and I chide them for watching things that stir up hate and divisiveness. So I agree with you partially on the "rev up resentment and hate to get people to the ballot box". You are also completely missing the other sides tactics doing exactly the same. Are you not familiar with "hate and resentment" dog whistles or trigger words of the left. "Voting Rights, all the "isms", the patriarchy, class envy, family values, religion, classroom curriculum, Western Civilisation, police brutality, hate speech" on and on. These words, their original meanings were twisted long ago, are designed to provoke outcry and wailing unseen since the sacking of Troy. All designed by people to make money and gain power. As Bill Maher would say, "when you sell avocados, you want people to spread avocados everywhere".

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
You guys don't really believe the FBI lost or don't know where Biden's son's laptop went huh? Much less the CIA. :rolleyes: The Deep State real.:) Think Illuminati.:)

highfigh

highfigh

Any reports of someone bursting into flames from Hillary staring at them?

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Any reports of someone bursting into flames from her staring at them?
She does have a Medusa like aura about her. I remember some reporter remarked after meeting her and shaking hands, he felt his private parts shrivel. Hill-age was the term.

Kind of like the term "Arkancide", we will have to invent a new term for your image.

"Arkanite" or Arkaflame or Arkanate or Arkanust or Arkanaze or Arkanode or Arkanisp or Arkanisp or Arkanire.
Should put it to a vote. No absentee ballots please.

highfigh

highfigh

She does have a Medusa like aura about her. I remember some reporter remarked after meeting her and shaking hands, he felt his private parts shrivel. Hill-age was the term.

Kind of like the term "Arkancide", we will have to invent a new term for your image.

"Arkanite" or Arkaflame or Arkanate or Arkanust or Arkanaze or Arkanode or Arkanisp or Arkanisp or Arkanire.
Should put it to a vote. No absentee ballots please.
The Wrath Of Hillary. My junk shriveled just from thinking about her looking at me. God, if she does that and licks her lips, well, let's just say I don't think I would be able to go on.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis