Boremc

Boremc

Enthusiast
Hello and greetings from Spain!

After much reading on forums, I purchased the monoprice 365c center speaker for my new system.

Now I'm going for the fronts. I have an open room of about 35 square meters, although the listening point is going to be 2.5 meters away.

I don't like monoprice headlamps, so I want to go to other brands.

These are my candidates.

dali opticon 2
elac dbr 62
kef q350
Polk audio LSim 703
Klipsch rp 600M

Who would be your perfect candidate as a front in cinema?

And if it wasn't any of those, which one would it be?

Thanks a lot!

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
Buenos Dias,

For metric challenged folks like me in the USA, the room us 375 sq ft and MLP is about 8 ft from LCR.

All the speakers you are considering are solid choices.

I am partial to the LSim 703, because of the excellent experience the matching 706c is providing me.

If you have a chance to hear the contending speakers, preferably in your own room, that is always best.

Hasta la Vista,
XEagleDriver

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
Thanks for the reply and for your good spanish!
LOL, my father is from Chile, our Coat of Arms are from Spain, and my mother is from Germany.
I only dabble in both languages.

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
You are right, living amoung several cultures keeps things interesting

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I dunno, you already have the 365C center channel and ideally you'd want it to match your main speakers. The Monoprice THX 460T looks like a great speaker and it's THX Ultra certified. Their little brother the THX 365T reviewed really well here and Shady seemed very impressed with their linear response.

I've been wanting to check them out. They seem to be very good for the money and worth considering. I wouldn't arbitrarily dismiss them outright because of an impression from a set of headphones. Their THX line look like legit audiophile speakers and are in a whole different category. Plus you already have the matching center channel! It's a good center channel too, btw. Good choice!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Speakers are somewhat personal....have you listened to any of them? I'd generally want to match the fronts, tho not sure what you mean by "headlamps" as far as your comment about Monoprice means....why choose a center separately in the first place?

Boremc

Boremc

Enthusiast
i choose the center first for a good offer in my country... 250 euros the monoprice 365c. i think that was awesome....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
i choose the center first for a good offer in my country... 250 euros the monoprice 365c. i think that was awesome....
And the reason for not matching with more Monoprice speakers is?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Which is why I suggested getting the speakers that match! Those towers will be even more awesome!

As far as your list, close your eyes and stick your finger on one. They're all decent speakers, but none of them will likely match the one you already have...

Boremc

Boremc

Enthusiast
Which is why I suggested getting the speakers that match! Those towers will be even more awesome!

As far as your list, close your eyes and stick your finger on one. They're all decent speakers, but none of them will likely match the one you already have...
towers not (WAT factor)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
towers not (WAT factor)
Well then, like I said it doesn't matter which of those you choose they're not going to match your center channel so just pick the ones you like best.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
the monoprice 265 have atmos up the speaker and i dont like this...
the encore b6 i think its sooo ugly
Ah so the bouncy house speakers are "headlamps"....I like it! I wouldn't want those either, but thought they had some choices without that feature....but all speakers are ugly to an extent. WAT?

Boremc

Boremc

Enthusiast
Ah so the bouncy house speakers are "headlamps"....I like it! I wouldn't want those either, but thought they had some choices without that feature....but all speakers are ugly to an extent. WAT?
Wife factor... my wife :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah I'm not big on the "headlamps" either, lol. Unfortunately they don't sell a version of that mini tower without them. Buncha crap, imo. They should make a 360T without the bouncy house speakers.
towers not (WAT factor)
I'm assuming you mean "WAF" (wife acceptance factor).

The 460T wouldn't take up any more floorspace than the 365T mini tower does, but does cost a bit more. I dunno man. I wouldn't buy a center channel without planning to match the front speakers with it or vice versa.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Hello and greetings from Spain!

After much reading on forums, I purchased the monoprice 365c center speaker for my new system.

Now I'm going for the fronts. I have an open room of about 35 square meters, although the listening point is going to be 2.5 meters away.

I don't like monoprice headlamps, so I want to go to other brands.

These are my candidates.

dali opticon 2
elac dbr 62
kef q350
Polk audio LSim 703
Klipsch rp 600M

Who would be your perfect candidate as a front in cinema?

And if it wasn't any of those, which one would it be?

Thanks a lot!
I think they're all good for the price.

I had a client who owned Polk audio LSim 703 and he changed to the Legend L200. I think for Polk, the Legend and Reserve series are popular.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis