Interesting thought experiment: Redesigning the Belle Klipsch

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
So I looked up "thaukus" and the only thing that pops up are your posts... lol.

I'm looking through @Jerkface's old threads to see if he mentions which Marantz receiver he has that needs a home! :p
I see I spelt it wrong. Stanley Unwin spelled it Thorkus.

Below is Stanley Unwin trying to explain Elvis Presley to the British Public.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I see I spelt it wrong. Stanley Unwin spelled it Thorkus.

Below is Stanley Unwin trying to explain Elvis Presley to the British Public.

English is my 2nd or 3rd language, maybe this is why this humour (Yes, Grammarly, in this case, it's humour, not humor) is nearly completely lost on me.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
English is my 2nd or 3rd language, maybe this is why this humour (Yes, Grammarly, in this case, it's humour, not humor) is nearly completely lost on me.
English is my first language and I'm having trouble deciphering it... lol. I think what he's doing is using Cockney slang mixed with science to be funny.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
English is my first language and I'm having trouble deciphering it... lol. I think what he's doing is using Cockney slang mixed with science to be funny.
The language is Unwinese, which his a comic language designed to be hard to decipher, with nonsense words, and humorous words.

He used to convert kid's books into this nonsense, and in the Pied Piper, the rats sniffing the food, is described as the rats doing a "sniffymost." It has no relationship to the cockney language.

Years ago when there was dire weather approaching the BBC sometimes would have Stanley give his version of the weather forecast in Unwinese prior to the more correct version.

Last edited:
J

Jerkface

Audioholic
So I looked up "thaukus" and the only thing that pops up are your posts... lol.

I'm looking through @Jerkface's old threads to see if he mentions which Marantz receiver he has that needs a home! :p
Could've just asked. It's an SR-5006 :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis