SVS Ultra vs Paradigm Premier vs Emotiva Airmotiv 2+ for LCR

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
I recently got chance to experience SVS Ultra and JBL Studio series speakers mostly thanks to you guys. I want to know how the Paradigm Premier and Emotiva Airmotiv 2+ LCR compare to SVS Ultra lineup as all three are 3-way highly efficient speakers. How do they compare for Movies and Regular TV. Yes will be paired to SUB.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
The Paradigm's are worth checking out, their center has received great praise in reviews here and other places. The Emotiva center and speakers have not reviewed nearly as well as the Ultra's and Premier's.

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
Yeah. Have heard much positive for Paradigm. Would like to know how superior or inferior it is for Movies directly in comparison to SVS Ultra. And also would like to know how Emotiva compares.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
If I'm being completely honest, I don't think the Emotiva's compare to the others at all. The Emotiva center frequency response is pretty ugly and will lean towards being bright. People have also reported customer service issues with them

The Paradigm's have a nicer FR and will be much more neutral than the Emotiva's. I've listened to these and thought they were excellent speakers. If I remember correctly, @shadyJ did the review and I believe in the forums he said it was one of the better center channel speakers he has heard.

The SVS will be much more neutral and comparable to the Paradigm's than the Emotiva's.

Honestly, I don't think you could go wrong with either the SVS or the Paradigm's.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
It may come down to personal preference, The 800F's have been reviewed on this site very favorably. Depending on where you live, you should have no problem finding a Paradigm dealer, their network is pretty extensive.

Here is the review on Audioholics Youtube Channel

There is about a $400 difference in MSRP in favor of the Paradigms. Combine that with the fact you can negotiate pricing below MSRP on the Paradigms and have a nice bit left over to put towards a center channel or subwoofer.

I don't think you would be unhappy with either, it is more up to personal preference. My only experience with SVS is owning a pair of Prime Wireless speakers. They didn't work out for me because of the lack of a remote, but the sound quality and customer support I received when I had questions on the app was very good.

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
It may come down to personal preference, The 800F's have been reviewed on this site very favorably. Depending on where you live, you should have no problem finding a Paradigm dealer, their network is pretty extensive.

Here is the review on Audioholics Youtube Channel

There is about a $400 difference in MSRP in favor of the Paradigms. Combine that with the fact you can negotiate pricing below MSRP on the Paradigms and have a nice bit left over to put towards a center channel or subwoofer.

I don't think you would be unhappy with either, it is more up to personal preference. My only experience with SVS is owning a pair of Prime Wireless speakers. They didn't work out for me because of the lack of a remote, but the sound quality and customer support I received when I had questions on the app was very good.
Yes then that is what I will be looking at. Because SVS is kinda expensive. Paradigm is decently down on budget in comparison and Emotiva is even further down. But I guess Emotiva also goes down on performance with the budget. Paradigm seems to cost less and perform close to SVS so yeah that seems to be good.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
If a sub is involved, might as well take a look at the Arendal 1723 Monitors. I would also take a long hard look at the Polk Reserve R700 towers and the L400 center. Yes that is an expensive center, but it is an exceptionally good one.

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
Arendal and Polk Reserve is more expensive than the SVS. No he does not have that kind of budget.

How is the KEF Q Series.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm a former SVS Ultra owner and was very happy with performance and sound quality. Very clean and neutral, and can handle a lot of power. If I hadn't heard something with RAAL ribbon tweets I'd still have them. I love the way they look too in gloss black.

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
I'm a former SVS Ultra owner and was very happy with performance and sound quality. Very clean and neutral, and can handle a lot of power. If I hadn't heard something with RAAL ribbon tweets I'd still have them. I love the way they look too in gloss black.
Yes they are really good. I got a chance to experience them recently. Hence I was trying to figure out if the Paradigm Premier or Emotiva Airmotiv as good as SVS or not. Because my friend said that he is able to get Paradigm Premier series at lesser price point than SVS Ultra lineup and Emotiva for even cheaper price. Hence I am trying to figure out if he settles for Paradigm or Emotiva how much will he loose in performance. Specially the Paradigm as that seems to be good as well so how close is it to SVS in performance or how much will he be loosing if he tries to save $700 for the package.

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
He said that SVS Prime Package with Ultra center is still like $300-400 more than what Paradigm 800F + 600C is costing.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
The Paradigm's are very very solid speakers. Until I heard the RAAL ribbon in the Salks I was going to go with the Paradigms. I don't think your friend will be giving up much at all by going with them instead of the Ultras.

Honestly, at this point I think you're just entering analysis paralysis. Either choice is excellent, but if budget is of concern to your friend then he should go with the Paradigms and feel secure in knowing that he's getting some excellent speakers.

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
The Paradigm's are very very solid speakers. Until I heard the RAAL ribbon in the Salks I was going to go with the Paradigms. I don't think your friend will be giving up much at all by going with them instead of the Ultras.

Honestly, at this point I think you're just entering analysis paralysis. Either choice is excellent, but if budget is of concern to your friend then he should go with the Paradigms and feel secure in knowing that he's getting some excellent speakers.
Yes I think Paradigm Premier series is close to being as good as SVS Ultra for Movies and TV while costing less. So that will a good purchase for him.

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
I think Paradigm is as good if not better than SVS Ultra so yeah that is a good deal for him.

Thank you very much for your insight. You guys are a big help and always have been driving me in the right direction.

Thank you very much.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
I can't say how the SVS sound, but I can vouch for how good the Paradigm Premiere 800F and 600C are. I purchased mine last year, and have been exceedingly happy with them.

20210706_202055.jpg

I'm also pretty sure that I got one of the very last sets (if not the last) of Espresso grain finish speakers that they made.

J

jbncccb

Audiophyte
I have the Emotiva 2+ front stage and Surrounds. Love them.

PM me if you want a demo depending on your location.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I can't say how the SVS sound, but I can vouch for how good the Paradigm Premiere 800F and 600C are. I purchased mine last year, and have been exceedingly happy with them.

View attachment 54171

I'm also pretty sure that I got one of the very last sets (if not the last) of Espresso grain finish speakers that they made.
Boy yeah. That's one beefy center channel too! Those speakers look great!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis