Webb Space Telescope

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
The Canadian Space Agency is apparently in charge of part of this, and they began bringing systems on line today, one of which is the system that will help manage the fine tuning of the individual segments.
According to an emailed statement from the Canadian Space Agency (CSA), Webb will begin turning on its science instruments today (Jan. 28). That will include the Fine Guidance Sensor, which will guide the observatory's mirrors through the delicate alignment process to turn 18 small individual views into one massive view of the universe.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
This is almost as exciting as the photos of Pluto taken by New Horizons :cool:

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Man this is awesome! Can't wait to see what they find! It's only going to get better in the coming years ahead.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Was it mentioned before how far away that star is?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Saw this impressive shot today of Jupiter. The detail is impressive after growing up on those grainy Nasa photos from the 60s.

All the planets are fascinating in their own way but Jupiter is the most fascinating to me, I mean what the hell is going on with that planet. It's freaking humongous too. Awesome picture, scary and awesome all in one.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
And the question becomes, is it trying to become a sun in the distant future?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
And the question becomes, is it trying to become a sun in the distant future?
Almost certainly not. Not unless it is fed A LOT more hydrogen. That said, it is similar in composition to a star. Just not nearly massive enough to ignite fusion in its core.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Almost certainly not. Not unless it is fed A LOT more hydrogen. That said, it is similar in composition to a star. Just not nearly massive enough to ignite fusion in its core.
Well there's this dude, hope he doesn't come to harvest Earth anytime soon. He lives in that eye on Jupiter.:D
Screenshot_20220221-114200~3.png

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
All the planets are fascinating in their own way but Jupiter is the most fascinating to me, I mean what the hell is going on with that planet. It's freaking humongous too. Awesome picture, scary and awesome all in one.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Yeah .... and a storm that has been raging for at least 150 years, quite crazy o_O

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Meanwhile, on planet earth. Sorry, this is terrestrial but I thought it was a cool shot of Etna.

1645478890350.png

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis