Recapping Emotiva Airmotiv 4s Powered Monitors cost question

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Emotiva pretty much wants nothing to do with any of their gear once it's out of warranty, at least that's my impression. They sound fine once they are turned on, I can still use them. I took them in because I thought I should get them checked out before it became a more serious problem.
Yes, they do not seem to support models of their gear long term from what else I've read here and elsewhere. Is there any difference as to when you power on/off a source outside the active speakers?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Emotiva pretty much wants nothing to do with any of their gear once it's out of warranty, at least that's my impression. They sound fine once they are turned on, I can still use them. I took them in because I thought I should get them checked out before it became a more serious problem.
So much for customer service.....

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
That was my initial thought, I do not have experience with soldering, so didn't want to try it. I have a VP of IT in my office that fixes old audio gear and is going to give it a shot.

As for the pricing it's $400 not 200, its 200 per board, which I wont pay for $300 speakers lol. It gives me just enough excuse to upgrade and get the KEF LSX's. Just deciding if I want to wait until June for the upgraded model that is suppose to come out.
Damn! My mistake on the pricing. In that case...

YES! That quote is about 2x higher than it should be!

Dunno if your coworker is charging you anything, but if not, then at least buy him a bunch of beer or a bottle of nice booze.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
It gives me just enough excuse to upgrade and get the KEF LSX's. Just deciding if I want to wait until June for the upgraded model that is suppose to come out.
Might want to go to a KEF dealer and ask about the upgrade and what it involves- I was talking with someone at a local dealer and he's not too geeked by the active speakers, but he likes the passive ones quite a bit. He said the 1st gen electronics weren't great.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I have already spoken to two. The upgrade involves adding HDMI and eARC, not sure if they are adding a USB connection or newer version of bluetooth.

Since they are for my computer desktop and I purchased a Toping D10 DAC for my Macbook Pro M1 Max, not to worried about the connection or eArc. The LSX is a smaller form factor then their other speakers, which is one of the primary reasons I am considering them.

xxrayyzz

xxrayyzz

Audiophyte
Having an issue with one of my Airmotiv 4s as well. I only recently read these don't like to be powered up all the time, so I'm sure I've dried out the caps. Video attached showing the noise coming out of one of the tweeters. First question... for those that have opened these, are they glued in place as well as screwed? I've removed the screws, but the amp plate still won't budge.

This is with no source plugged in. Thanks.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Having an issue with one of my Airmotiv 4s as well. I only recently read these don't like to be powered up all the time, so I'm sure I've dried out the caps. Video attached showing the noise coming out of one of the tweeters. First question... for those that have opened these, are they glued in place as well as screwed? I've removed the screws, but the amp plate still won't budge.

Haven't opened those but sometimes have opened older subs/speakers and they do often have a little gasket/sealant (but perhaps glue I suppose) that can get pretty firm with age....sometimes you need to pry or push out from the inside (especially to avoid pry marks).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis