ELAC Debut 2 B5.2 and B6.2

P

Push

Audioholic
Different, lesser series....haven't had any of those. Could have some similarities in overall design but pretty different drivers I think....
OK, I'm going to keep searching for the 580 series somewhere. It will fit in my space and I'll see if I can find somewhere to audition them. Or at least a Canuck side retailer that ships and allows returns.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
OK, I'm going to keep searching for the 580 series somewhere. It will fit in my space and I'll see if I can find somewhere to audition them. Or at least a Canuck side retailer that ships and allows returns.
You've checked PSB and Paradigm offerings? Since they're based there....

P

Push

Audioholic
You've checked PSB and Paradigm offerings? Since they're based there....
I have a couple Paradigm speakers on my list. PSB I haven't looked into yet. With Crutchfield opening a Canadian side, it seems like I can get just about anything my black heart desires (with the exception of the JBL's you recommended I look at). And I didn't say this before, but thank you for your time. Its much appreciated.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I have a couple Paradigm speakers on my list. PSB I haven't looked into yet. With Crutchfield opening a Canadian side, it seems like I can get just about anything my black heart desires (with the exception of the JBL's you recommended I look at). And I didn't say this before, but thank you for your time. Its much appreciated.
You're welcome, just opinions when it comes to speakers. Room makes a big difference (and thus my comments about limited location/space for your speakers). More important how something sounds to you in your space more than what some guy on the internet thinks! I've been a JBL fan for a while, have some others as well (LSR305, 4311B and a full set of 590/580/530/520). I have other speakers in other rooms as well, have accumulated some stuff over the years and like to keep using it. I like Ascend Acoustics a lot, too....but Canada I don't think works out so well for them. If I had limitless funds I'd go with your Funk Audio for both beautiful wood working as well as speakers/subs....but kinda pricey :)

P

Push

Audioholic
You're welcome, just opinions when it comes to speakers.
Speakers are so subjective, I almost hated to ask opinion, but I needed a starting point. While some of the brands remain the same from 20 years ago, many have not.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Speakers are so subjective, I almost hated to ask opinion, but I needed a starting point. While some of the brands remain the same from 20 years ago, many have not.
Indeed. We have a few more choices down here in the US for internet-direct brands like Ascend Acoustics, SVS, Hsu Research, Outlaw Audio, RSL and some others, too....but PSB and Paradigm would be very good options I'd think. I'm not much of a Crutchfield shopper myself but nice to know that's an option now up your way....

A

Am_P

Full Audioholic
I'm in the market for a good set of bookshelf or standmounts, and as I've been perusing, I'd pretty much made up my mind to try a set of KEF LS50 Metas. But then I see ALOT of references to these ELAC Debut 2's and how great they are. Anyone actually have a pair of either the 5.2s or 6.2s? The KEF speakers are pretty much at the outside of what I'm willing to spend on speakers, so its not like they bust the budget, but I have always been a fan of product that punches outside its weight class and I find myself curious.

I should say that these speakers will be teamed up with a small amp and an active sub. The only source will be a good turntable. MAYBE once in a blue moon some streaming audio over bluetooth.
The chief engineer who was behind the Elac speakers specialized in concentric driver designs. So, you could try a pair of his concentric designs instead (which are also in a similar price bracket as the LS50 Meta), a.k.a, Elac Unifi Reference, Navis, etc..

Unifi Reference Bookshelf
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_970UBR62BK/ELAC-Uni-Fi-Reference-UBR62-Walnut.html?tp=186

Navis...
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_970NAVISEE/ELAC-Navis-ARB-51-Gloss-Ebony-Emara.html

IME, it is kinda fun to own a couple of different pairs of speakers that are very different designs and sound very different (Concentric drivers like Elac, Compression driver designs like JBL, etc). You could swap and change up the flavor every other week a.k.a keep things interesting.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
March 20, I replaced my JBL Stage A130 with Elac 2.0 DB6.2. What a tremendous difference in 5.1 and music, with the new Elac's. My room is 10 X 8. Front speakers are 7 feet from the listening distance. There is better clarity and oomph with music and 5.1 movies, to MY ears. There is also great balance that I never had before. My assessment.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis