New Wilsons........gulp

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I've listened to Wilsons on numerous occasions and while I enjoyed their sound most of the time I could never get past their looks. I do kinda like the 'Summer' combination of red and black on these.

F

FIqbal

Audioholic Intern
It will blend greatly in garage with the lawn mower and pressure washer.

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
While Wilson speakers are not for everyone, they do hold a place for the high-end community. Small bookshelves start at 10k going right up to the WAMM Chronosonic at 685k Which is on a par with MBL 101 X-etreme 550k and Magico M9 800k Wilson are notoriously hard to drive,due to there 4ohm wiring configuration, so requiring large output amplification, D'Agostino Relentless , Boulder 3050 mono-blocks, Gryphon Mephisto, or there newly released Apex. But if you can afford that sort of money and you have the room, Go for it. Check my avatar for the 1.5 million MBL system . And for the record the WAMM are on back order, for buyers in Singapore and the Middle East , as are Magico. And if they didn't sell, they would not produce them.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
While Wilson speakers are not for everyone, they do hold a place for the high-end community. Small bookshelves start at 10k going right up to the WAMM Chronosonic at 685k Which is on a par with MBL 101 X-etreme 550k and Magico M9 800k Wilson are notoriously hard to drive,due to there 4ohm wiring configuration, so requiring large output amplification, D'Agostino Relentless , Boulder 3050 mono-blocks, Gryphon Mephisto, or there newly released Apex. But if you can afford that sort of money and you have the room, Go for it. Check my avatar for the 1.5 million MBL system . And for the record the WAMM are on back order, for buyers in Singapore and the Middle East , as are Magico. And if they didn't sell, they would not produce them.
Sounds cheaper to just get a penis transplant.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
just in case you wanted an idea as to what to due with your inheritance from Uncle Henry .......

Any speaker I have ever heard from Wilson, I have rated poorly and some just awful

The advertizing copy bumming their load is a real codswallop job, from the back of the necks of a bunch of overpaid marketers.

I think the prospects of that speaker being any good are slim to none.

The bottom line is that I have never heard a speaker from Wilson that comes in striking distance of what I am used to.

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
I think the bottom line with Wilson is getting the amplification right, they won't operate to there full potential with just any amp. I think if you view the Youtube channel and type in "Jays Audio Lab." you will find he's done a lot of work with Wilsons amplification. Just ignore some of his crap, that's just him.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Ooh full potential. Which still likely isn't saying much after you spend that much money and could have done far better with other stuff....

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Any speaker I have ever heard from Wilson, I have rated poorly and some just awful

The advertizing copy bumming their load is a real codswallop job, from the back of the necks of a bunch of overpaid marketers.

The bottom line is that I have never heard a speaker from Wilson that comes in striking distance of what I am used to.
I have heard worse speakers, but Wilsons do not justify their price, obviously. No sound system could at that price, unless you were outfitting a stadium. But of course, Wilson has nothing to do with sound reproduction, they are purely a status symbol. They are decadent garbage.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I have heard worse speakers, but Wilsons do not justify their price, obviously. No sound system could at that price, unless you were outfitting a stadium. But of course, Wilson has nothing to do with sound reproduction, they are purely a status symbol. They are decadent garbage.
Oh common Shady!! Where else can you spend that much money for some of the worst and ragged frequency responses ever marketed? :p

And the elegant design must have been copied from the movie Robots.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Oh common Shady!! Where else can you spend that much money for some of the worst and ragged frequency responses ever marketed? :p
When was the last time you went to an audio show?! ;)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I think the bottom line with Wilson is getting the amplification right, they won't operate to there full potential with just any amp. I think if you view the Youtube channel and type in "Jays Audio Lab." you will find he's done a lot of work with Wilsons amplification. Just ignore some of his crap, that's just him.
Dont drink Wilson's KoolAid. No amount of power is going to overcome their shite frequency response.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Man is it just me or are those speakers just butt ugly?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator

Oddly I've been to many Wilson demos at trade shows and share similar sentiments as you. I guess at the end of the day, they look cool and you need a fancy expensive speaker to go with your exotic $30k speaker wires :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis