How I blackened my home theater with velvet, evolving from common mancave into a batcave!

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
The latest video showcasing my mindset on what I originally wanted to do with my home theater plans vs what I had to do to honor the film-makers vision using triple black velvet!

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Wookie, I'm not much of a HT guy but I commend you for a job well done ! :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Pretty cool.
To bad you couldn't get your hands on some Vantablack or Black 3.0. ;) But hell... maybe the velvet ended up costing less in the long run, even after all the painting.

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
Pretty cool.
To bad you couldn't get your hands on some Vantablack or Black 3.0. ;) But hell... maybe the velvet ended up costing less in the long run, even after all the painting.
I looked into it. Way too expensive and extremely hard to get in the quantities I needed.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I looked into it. Way too expensive and extremely hard to get in the quantities I needed.
I bet.

Randomly, I wonder what could be accomplished with several cans of spray adhesive, a Vitaprep, and a pallet of Kingston Charcoal Briquets....

Might have to advise your guests to not lean against the walls. :p Or wear white.

...Or smoke. :eek:

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
Black velvet on the walls, are you sure we are talking HT, It brings up memories of my younger day's Goose bumps on goose bumps.. Still enjoy your grouping round
in the dark. And good luck finding the door:cool:

A

Aalin Galyna

Audiophyte
Wow, that ceiling got me. Looking extremely sophisticated.

K

Kingslug

Enthusiast
Wow..I painted mine as well and felt the same way..
But...you went the whole 9 yards...awesome job.
Its amazing how much work some people put into their rooms. Its enough of a job to paint 2 coats...then have to cover it up..but it looks 10x better...

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
The latest video showcasing my mindset on what I originally wanted to do with my home theater plans vs what I had to do to honor the film-makers vision using triple black velvet!

I'm really glad you took the time to do this before me. I get to learn from your mistakes!:)

Look at me, growing as a person. :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Seriously though, thanks for taking the time to post this. I'm going to show my wife the difference so we can finally get ours done.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis