Another low for our good friend Tucker Carlson

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
You could start a show on that conspiracy theory alone. "Its interesting when people die, give us dirty laundry"
Absolutely no need for that as you and your "bros" are here, and if he ever where to start such a show (highly doubt that) you would be intellectually ill-equipped to understand it. ;)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Earlier today, a bridge collapsed in Pittsburgh. Just in time for President Biden's visit as he touts his recently approved infrastructure bill.

https://www.npr.org/2022/01/28/1076343656/pittsburgh-bridge-collapse-biden-visit

I wonder how long it will take before Tucker or one of his Rush Limbaugh-wanna-be imitators come up with a conspiracy theory to explain this coincidence. Could it be that the Feds destroyed that bridge just for a photo op?
LOL thought just was thinking about posting this :)

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
LOL thought just was thinking about posting this :)

Earlier today, a bridge collapsed in Pittsburgh. Just in time for President Biden's visit as he touts his recently approved infrastructure bill.

https://www.npr.org/2022/01/28/1076343656/pittsburgh-bridge-collapse-biden-visit

I wonder how long it will take before Tucker or one of his Rush Limbaugh-wanna-be imitators come up with a conspiracy theory to explain this coincidence. Could it be that the Feds destroyed that bridge just for a photo op?
I was born and grew up in Pittsburgh and some of those bridges really needed repair. I would bet that Tucker will be all over this as he doesn't seem to care how outlandish his claims are. I doubt he even believes half of the stuff he's putting out there. But his audience eats it up and FOX gets the ratings.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Absolutely no need for that as you and your "bros" are here, and if he ever where to start such a show (highly doubt that) you would be intellectually ill-equipped to understand it. ;)
You could be right but I'd still give it a listen out of respect!

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I remember Rush from the early 90s when I was commuting in the car. Back then, before Fox news launched, there were very few media outlets representing another point of view hence he had an instant audience. Good business sense. Believe what you want to about Rush but he was correct about Clinton.
The "mess" has always existed in one degree or the other. When FDR launched the New Deal the newspapers were full of vitriol either side.
I've never seen anything like it. A common one I see is CNN does it too!, but can't seem to provide any examples of such. It's pretty much around the clock with right media....

--Matt Walsh defending confederate monuments on the basis of those leaders' "good" qualities
--Trump photograph with Rittenhouse and picture hung up in the background of him and Kim Jung
-- O'Reilly on Hannity and joking during the start of covid how the elderly are on their way out anyway
--
continued catering to the anti-vaxers even if it means killing off some of the anti-vaxers
-- where a lot of this comes from: Trump's deplorables ("I LOVE the uneducated!")

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Found this to be of interest on audience composition.

46% Democrats tune into Msnbc, which implies to me it's the better of the two networks.
Another thing: during the lead up to the '20 election, both networks I believe had ratings highs because Trump is such a f--kup. In fact, they may have briefly passed Faux. It was non-stop Trump. Just air the infantile and win the election.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
I stopped watching CNN during the first gulf war when they were reporting pro Saddam propaganda. Maybe I'll tune in a bit to see what they are up too now. Honestly, all I hear about them recently are news of internal pedophelia investigations of their producers and Toobin greasing weezer on Zoom calls.
It does sound like an interesting place to work.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Most of the popular shows on Fox are editorializing as you state. I presume people that listen to them or there content are tuning in because they don't have elsewhere to go to get a different point of view. If the "facts" they chose to believe are wrong, its on them.
On the other hand, I have not seen the "conservative" view expressed as a counter point on any of the other Corporate media either. Their round table discussions consist of only one point of view. That's why their ratings are what they are. If there are conservatives on the those channels please let me know and I might tune in. I restate, we would all benefit by having both views presented on the same channel.

See above link to Hill Article, a snip of it is below:

"More Democrats are watching Fox News during prime time than CNN, according to data from Per Nielsen MRI Fusion. The data shows Fox News is watched by 29 percent of liberal prime-time viewers compared to CNN, which garners 25 percent of those viewers."

I also presume these Democrats, probably moderates, mentioned above are watching Fox and getting something out of it. Then they'll have to make up there own minds too.

Each side rabbles its own and the people in power benefit from the division.
The problem though is they're watching primetime (Hannity, Tucker, Ingraham) so help them.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
46% Democrats tune into Msnbc, which implies to me it's the better of the two networks.
Another thing: during the lead up to the '20 election, both networks I believe had ratings highs because Trump is such a f--kup. In fact, they may have briefly passed Faux. It was non-stop Trump. Just air the infantile and win the election.
I'd love to see a demographic on that 54%. Are they Repubs, Indys, Marxists, Amish (whoops, they don't have TVs). whomever...
The Corporate Media was a large factor in Trump getting the Repub nomination with all the free coverage they gave him. Otherwise they would have probably nominated Bush. And they now miss the ratings Trump gave them for 4 years. Lots of lost audience and $$$$$$$ in revenue.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I stopped watching CNN during the first gulf war when they were reporting pro Saddam propaganda. Maybe I'll tune in a bit to see what they are up too now. Honestly, all I hear about them recently are news of internal pedophelia investigations of their producers and Toobin greasing weezer on Zoom calls.

Keilar's segments are my favorites: Cancun, Tucker defending Russia etc. Overall don't really care for the network. Till Trump came along LOL.
I'll watch TYT but not as much as I use to. For right hate of course. I like Sam Seder. He's on the left, and not a true roundtable but more like a roundtablefromtheleft. They'll have some interesting points. More like motivations for say why Crowder did this, or Shapiro does that. Again not really the politico your probably looking for but I find somewhat interesting. I guess I like Seder because it's very laid back. That thing that's quite lacking in Faux. Well there's The Five, but Seder's has more depth IMO.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I'd love to see a demographic on that 54%. Are they Repubs, Indys, Marxists, Amish (whoops, they don't have TVs). whomever...
The Corporate Media was a large factor in Trump getting the Repub nomination with all the free coverage they gave him. Otherwise they would have probably nominated Bush. And they now miss the ratings Trump gave them for 4 years. Lots of lost audience and $$$$$$$ in revenue.
Yikes Jeb Bush. :oops:
Not that I disagree but a lot of Trump on CNN/Msnbc was I can't believe I'm seeing this. Kind of a circus show.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Keilar's segments are my favorites: Cancun, Tucker defending Russia etc. Overall don't really care for the network. Till Trump came along LOL.
I'll watch TYT but not as much as I use to. For right hate of course. I like Sam Seder. He's on the left, and not a true roundtable but more like a roundtablefromtheleft. They'll have some interesting points. More like motivations for say why Crowder did this, or Shapiro does that. Again not really the politico your probably looking for but I find somewhat interesting. I guess I like Seder because it's very laid back. That thing that's quite lacking in Faux. Well there's The Five, but Seder's has more depth IMO.
I'll have to check Seder out, thanks for the reco...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Reporting "pro Saddam" propaganda? Such as? LOL pizzagate anyone....the right nuts really got that one right! LOL

J

jhaider

Audioholic Intern
All the characters you mention have their counterparts on the left.
Name them, and please add some color to demonstrate them engaging in behavior equivalent to downplaying an insurrection, spreading baseless lies about election results, or even the current racist and misogynist tizzy in the right wing press about President Biden's as-yet-unchosen (!) Supreme Court nominee.

Glenn Greenwald doesn't count, because there's nothing left (in either sense of the term) to him.

J

jhaider

Audioholic Intern
Reporting "pro Saddam" propaganda? Such as?
To some people regarding people with other skin colors or religions as human and with stories worth telling is problematic. I assume the guy is talking about Peter Arnett reporting during Desert Storm that the US bombing campaign was causing civilian harm, that a “bioweapons” factory we destroyed was actually a baby formula plant, stuff like that.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis