Netflix: The Witcher

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I binged to episode 7 last night and am officially happy with season 2! Kaer Morhen looks amazing! I'm so impressed with how well they capture the look and feel of the game and environment! The winter scenes with Geralt and Ciri at Kaer Morhen make me feel like I'm right back in the game! When they show shots of the castle I swear it's ripped almost directly from the game and makes me want to start climbing the walls to explore and look for upgraded armor and weapons (namely wolf gear of course!). Cavil totally nails Geralt. I tend to like anything he's in. I think I could be entertained just watching him watch tv, lol.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Last night I've finished with season 2 and I 100% agree with Pogre on this. Absolutely measurable improvements over season 1 in all metrics. Even Jaskier is somehow less annoying :)
Some of the screenshots, besides Kaer Morhen, are almost completely ripped out from Witcher 3, below for example below. I could swear I've seen nearly identical scenery east of Novigrad in-game.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I finished season 2 yesterday, but I had to force myself to finish it. I enjoyed season 1 much better.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I finished season 2 yesterday, but I had to force myself to finish it. I enjoyed season 1 much better.
I had to force myself to finish Season 01. So I am hoping S02 is much better. :D

I saw about 20 minutes of Season 02. I thought it was boring. So hopefully it will get better. :D

No way Witcher should be rated 8.2 on IMDb. I would rate it in the 7's.

I can't wait for GOT - House of the Dragon. All these other shows just don't measure up IMO.

Last edited:
Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I had to force myself to finish Season 01. So I am hoping S02 is much better. :D

I saw about 20 minutes of Season 02. I thought it was boring. So hopefully it will get better. :D

I can't wait for GOT - House of the Dragon. All these other shows just don't measure up IMO.
Lost in Space I thought was very good, I enjoyed that. Looking forward to Cobra Kai soon lol. I loved the plot twist in Hawkeye and the end of the last episode.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord

I know you going to hate it, but nonetheless try Amazon's "Wheel of time" - it's their GoT

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I know you going to hate it, but nonetheless try Amazon's "Wheel of time" - it's their GoT
Oh, I love Wheel of Time. :D

It’s no GOT, but it’s a lot better than The Witcher IMO. I am on Witcher S02E03. Still BORING. :D

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Lost in Space I thought was very good, I enjoyed that. Looking forward to Cobra Kai soon lol. I loved the plot twist in Hawkeye and the end of the last episode.
I've tried to watch Netflix's Lost in Space, but couldn't be even forced - it felt too meh to me. Same for Cobra Kai.
Hawkeye started ok but had plenty of pointless fillers including the "Ronin" S01E05 episode. The twist at the end of somewhat unexpected, but integrated fairly poorly. In general pretty weak writing throughout the entire season.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I've tried to watch Netflix's Lost in Space, but couldn't be even forced - it felt too meh to me. Same for Cobra Kai.
Hawkeye started ok but had plenty of pointless fillers including the "Ronin" S01E05 episode. The twist at the end of somewhat unexpected, but integrated fairly poorly. In general pretty weak writing throughout the entire season.
We obviously don't have the same taste. I really felt lost is Space's last season was by far the best. I agree it was a tough start, but rotten tomatoes showed significant increases season 2 and 3. Cobra Kai, it's just to campy not to love and as someone who grew up on those movies, I find it funny. Hawkeye to me was the best of the Disney+ marvel attempts. Nice humor, loved Black Window Jr. and Haley S. interactions. Enjoyed the season ending, looking forward to next year.

I don't agree with Rotten Tomatoes often but Cobra kai & Hawkeye rate in the 90s and the last season of Lost in space rated 100% (granted only 5 professional reviews).

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Reached the end of season 2. I liked it a bit better than season 1. Looking forward to more seasons! :)

K

kevintomb

Junior Audioholic
Just finished season 2.
Several Boring sequences, and while great in some ways, like season one better.

It seemed like they were trying to stretch too much story too thin. And some of the story, with the elfs and so on, were just a bit confusing and never sure why or what was going on at all times.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I finally sat down to rewatch S1, eager to get into S2...
And now The Lady is getting interested... everytime I'me watching it over the last few days, she pokes in my room and asks what I'm watching with more and more interest.
I think there will be a third run of S1. :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Well… finally made it in to S2, halfway through as of tonight.
Enjoying it thus far. Should finish it this weekend.

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
We obviously don't have the same taste. I really felt lost is Space's last season was by far the best. I agree it was a tough start, but rotten tomatoes showed significant increases season 2 and 3. Cobra Kai, it's just to campy not to love and as someone who grew up on those movies, I find it funny. Hawkeye to me was the best of the Disney+ marvel attempts. Nice humor, loved Black Window Jr. and Haley S. interactions. Enjoyed the season ending, looking forward to next year.

I don't agree with Rotten Tomatoes often but Cobra kai & Hawkeye rate in the 90s and the last season of Lost in space rated 100% (granted only 5 professional reviews).
I gave up on Lost in Space halfway through the first season. It seemed like something crazy was happening every other second to another cast member ad nauseam. Maybe I need another look.

Hawkeye might not be the best show ever, but it's entertaining. I agree it's D+ best try and for the most part they kept continuity in it. I keep trying to like Boba and Mando, as a Star Wars fan, but I keep feeling there's just a lot of filler and little continuity. It just plods along without really going anywhere. Like an entire show with cutesy fill ins (to keep an 8-year-old amused?) building Mando's fighter. There is only 8 shows per season. I question whether anybody would still be watching if these shows weren't related to Star Wars. I probably wouldn't

I must admit I liked both seasons of Witcher. :) Looking forward to a third season. I also appreciate that the seasons each told a story. I've been burned by too many shows lately that get cancelled after 2-3 seasons without any closure to any story line.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis