In-ceiling surround speakers recommendations

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I tried uploading a picture but it tells me the file is too large...Is there a fix to this?
Sometimes my phone would do that is there a way you can change the resolution so you can change the size of the file? My phone I could do that in the camera settings

rockhound100bopd

rockhound100bopd

Junior Audioholic
Sometimes my phone would do that is there a way you can change the resolution so you can change the size of the file? My phone I could do that in the camera settings
Here you go, got it to work. As you can see, the walkway to the left of the central chair is the issue with having ear level surround. The right side would be fine.
20220117_170532.jpg

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
The ear level is an ideal position but not in concrete. Mount both sides a bit higher than the tallest person in the house so no one will run into it. Running the wire is challenging indeed. You could run a wire inside a U shapped channel in the ceiling corners to the first beam then drill through the beam if it is only a decorative beam. or go around it, unfortunately.

Last edited:
rockhound100bopd

rockhound100bopd

Junior Audioholic
Agree with the others that ceiling speakers are only to be used for Dolby atmos and Nothing else except for maybe music. Dolby themselves suggests a height of 1.2 meters high for the average person.
I will refer you to this for the best speaker placements. https://www.dolby.com/about/support/guide/dolby-atmos-speaker-setup/

Also tv looks too high. You enjoy it that high?
I didn't hang the TV, I would have probably put it a few inches lower. However, it seems to be fine, the ceiling is only about 7 ft.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis