JBL L1000 Classic vs Focal Aria 926 vs Klipsch Heresy IV

T

topdog999

Audiophyte
Hello everyone, between the three which one would you recommend and why? I prefer bright but not too harsh sounding speakers over warm. I also want lively sounding speakers as if all the instruments are being played in front me with great detail. I heard JBL and focal are very neutral while Klipsch has coloration. I listen to modern and old music ranging from hip hop, pop, rock, classic, and other variety of music. My room size is 27' x 16' x 12'.

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
You should signal @shadyJ. He is the audioholics senior reviewer of speakers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The JBL L100 is pretty darn good speaker. My review is here. I would expect the Focal to be a good speaker, but I don't have any experience with that particular Focal speaker. The Heresy is a junker, I would stay away from it. I would not go for the Forta IV over the L100 or Focal. Another speaker I liked in this price range is the RBH PM-8 and that is self-powered. I think another good one would be the Arendal 1723 towers. Also check out the Polk Legend L600s and Definitive Technology Demand towers.

T

topdog999

Audiophyte
The JBL L100 is pretty darn good speaker. My review is here. I would expect the Focal to be a good speaker, but I don't have any experience with that particular Focal speaker. The Heresy is a junker, I would stay away from it. I would not go for the Forta IV over the L100 or Focal. Another speaker I liked in this price range is the RBH PM-8 and that is self-powered. I think another good one would be the Arendal 1723 towers. Also check out the Polk Legend L600s and Definitive Technology Demand towers.
Thank you so much.

T

topdog999

Audiophyte
Is there any advantage that focal Aria 926 with a floor standing size will have over the L100 with classical size speaker? Like will there be noticeable impact in sound quality due to size differences in the cabinets or less or more room filling sound, or anything else?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Is there any advantage that focal Aria 926 with a floor standing size will have over the L100 with classical size speaker? Like will there be noticeable impact in sound quality due to size differences in the cabinets or less or more room filling sound, or anything else?
The Arias have a better shaped for sound reproduction, cabinet, there is no doubt. The L100s are a bit ham-strung from having to adhere to their old enclosure size. Nonetheless, JBL does a good job of engineering around it. As long as you can aim the L100's tweeter at your ear height, it's kind of a wash. I wouldn't worry about cabinet shape or size from either speaker, so long as you can arrange to have the L100s aimed at your ears.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis