James Bond Collection in 4k!

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
How much would a James Bond fan pay for the entire collection in 4k? No Dolby Atmos. 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio. Would you pay up to and over $500 for the entire collection?

Right now in the Kaleidescape movie library, they have the entire James Bond collection in UHD going for $30 per movie. I'm not including the Craig Bonds since those are already out on 4k. This collection would be for 21 Bond films. At $30 you'll be paying $630!

I'm a huge Bond fan and already have the special edition blu ray set that was released 5+ years ago. But I do hope in the near future they release a special edition steelbook set.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Since they know this is a popular franchise, I'd say wait for a complete 4K boxset.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Nice I have most of the bond films on DVD. I'm not sure I'd want to spend that kind of money on films I already own and rarely watch.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Since they know this is a popular franchise, I'd say wait for a complete 4K boxset.
I will most definitely wait for the 4k steelbook or non-steelbook box set. The great thing with Kaleidescape is that they get the actual movie file. So they don't have to compress everything onto a 66gb 4k disc. Right now the avg size of these Bond movies for all 21 is 77.3 gigs. Some of the Brosnan movies are over 80gigs! I know if they were to put these on physical copy, they would be compressed down to 66gb. No way the studio would use 100gig 4k discs. Just too expensive.

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
I bought the entire Bond set for $99 on sale on iTunes long ago (save like last two movies). They all got free Apple's famous free upgrades to 4K. (and I bought the final two as well so I'd say $140 total). ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis