Matrix Resurrections. I can't wait for this to be in the theaters

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I agree on boo train. Resurrections could only be possibly viewed as a "good" movie if and only if it is viewed as an insider joke, sort of middle finger to studios and producers who stood behind it.
Relevant XKCD:

H

Huey645

Audioholic
Finally got a chance to watch yesterday, and yeah, that was something. Was so looking forward to this, and while I didn't hate the movie, it was a hot mess for sure.

G

GotAudio

Audioholic
I didn’t even realize it was out in theaters until I saw this thread bumped.
Just got HBO max for a month. Hopefully can push my system. I was somewhat of a fan back in the late 90s of the original. Hopefully this can really push my system as it’s 4K/Atmos.

D8A54891-37BF-41BC-9236-7838811300DF.jpg

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I was disappointed. A little throwback works, but they overdid it. It is fun when it is here and there, not when it is the basis of the story. It felt fresh, had some good humor about itself, but fell short on that first jump in my book.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I was expecting a lot more I guess. They tried too hard to get too many things going. Would have liked it better if they had Lawrence Fishburne and Hugo Weaving.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Finally watched it this morning. Meh overall, generally lost interest as the movie wore on. Some fun action scenes, still silly concept overall. I was kinda wondering why Lawrence Fishburne and Hugo Weaving didn't participate at least with a cameo.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The action was where it really fell flat IMO. There were a few good sequences, but overall the quality of the choreography of most of them looked like a Netflix show. When he was talking to his "therapist" it was pretty funny and I liked that addition, but beyond that, there was WAY too much talking.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Not surprisingly this movie is being ripped apart, and most reviews about it are terrible. The Wachowskis haven't made a good movie since the original Matrix movie (I say this as a fan of the entire original trilogy). Subjectively speaking, I enjoyed Reloaded and Revolutions. Objectively speaking, they were garbage. They captured lightning in a bottle for the first movie, and haven't made anything worth watching since then. How they keep getting scripts to make movies is beyond me.

I'll wait until I can watch this for free at some point down the road, since I don't have an HBO Max subscription and I don't plan on getting one just to watch this.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Not surprisingly this movie is being ripped apart, and most reviews about it are terrible. The Wachowskis haven't made a good movie since the original Matrix movie (I say this as a fan of the entire original trilogy). Subjectively speaking, I enjoyed Reloaded and Revolutions. Objectively speaking, they were garbage. They captured lightning in a bottle for the first movie, and haven't made anything worth watching since then. How they keep getting scripts to make movies is beyond me.

I'll wait until I can watch this for free at some point down the road, since I don't have an HBO Max subscription and I don't plan on getting one just to watch this.
First reviews of it were positive IMO. I would not call it terrible, I would say it is about on par with Revolutions, the weakest in the trilogy. Reloaded I liked.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Watched it over two nights, which says how "exciting" it was. I was very pumped, having loved the original - the first one was magical. "Resurrections" was... okay.

As usual, The Drinker nails it:

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General

I would say that Cloud Atlas was very good. But outside of that, you'd be correct. The Matrix was their best. I enjoyed the 2nd and 3rd one. But this new one was absolutely terrible. Total cash grab. Probably why Fishburne and Weaving did not want to be apart of it. Moss probably wasn't doing anything lately so she signed on and Reeves did it because he just loves making movies and it was a goofy version of Neo.

I think it was both sides that forced this movie to get made. I think the studio wanted this just as much as the director. Hopefully the poor box office numbers will officially let them know that nobody is interested in more Matrix movies. :D

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I'd recently seen the original in a theatre not too long, and while some of the effects don't hold up to today's stuff it still was great. In fact, it's the only one I've seen. I remember one of Mr. Plinkett's criticism of the prequels was this endless static fighting. I seem to remember him using some of the Matrix sequels as examples of what not to do in fight scenes. Too technical and emotionless. Anyway, I get all the art is probably in the cinematography. Again.:)

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Even if its a total bust which I hope not, it's better than 98% of what's come out of Hollywood in the last 12 months..Dune, Spiderman, Matrix then slim pickings..

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Let's agree to disagree. All of the movies below are much better than the latest Matrix
I would also include Free Guy. I just watched that last weekend. Better than expected. I would watch that 50x than have to watch Matrix 4 again. :D

For still being a "down" or weird year for movies, there were some good ones. The list you provided was pretty good. I've only seen 5 of the 20 listed. But I would still say the remaining 15 are 10x better than the Matrix 4.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I will have to watch it just to keep up with the series.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Even if its a total bust which I hope not, it's better than 98% of what's come out of Hollywood in the last 12 months..Dune, Spiderman, Matrix then slim pickings..
I'm hoping it bombs. My sensory is overloaded from the remake.:)

W

Wardog555

Full Audioholic
I'll be waiting for the uhd blu-ray disk for my first viewing! It will be worth the wait no matter if a movie is good or not!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis