Wall mounting LG C1 77". Articulating or Static?

rockhound100bopd

rockhound100bopd

Junior Audioholic
I am purchasing an LG C1 77" and want to wall mount it. I would like to use an articulating wall mount bc half of my seating is to the right of the TV, but I am worried about eventual sag in that mount. I think the tv weighs about 80 lbs. I know this use to be an issue, is it still with the higher end mounts?

Thanks

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
This has NEVER been an issue with properly designed higher end mounts. I had a 100+ pound plasma hanging from a Chief wall mount with a speaker hanging under it for 10+ years without any sag or other issues at all.

I would have far greater concern about the durability of a OLED display and how thin they are with moving them around. Most quality articulating wall mounts require a fair bit of force to move the TV around, and those TVs aren't exactly heavy duty in their build design.

That TV is under 60 pounds without the stand. The stand is almost 20 pounds.

Depending on budget, you may want to look into a motorized articulating solution like this...

Last edited:
M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I am purchasing an LG C1 77" and want to wall mount it. I would like to use an articulating wall mount bc half of my seating is to the right of the TV, but I am worried about eventual sag in that mount. I think the tv weighs about 80 lbs. I know this use to be an issue, is it still with the higher end mounts?

Thanks
I have several articulating wall mounts. One is an ECOGEAR full motion TV wall mount ($119.99 on Amazon)(I wouldn't consider this to be a higher end mount). So far I've had no issues with sagging.

I doubt you even need a higher end mount, just a solid mid range should do it. Having said that, I'm sure BMXTRIX has a LOT more experience than I, so follow his advise if he says I'm wrong!

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I have several articulating wall mounts. One is an ECOGEAR full motion TV wall mount ($119.99 on Amazon)(I wouldn't consider this to be a higher end mount). So far I've had no issues with sagging.

I doubt you even need a higher end mount, just a solid mid range should do it. Having said that, I'm sure BMXTRIX has a LOT more experience than I, so follow his advise if he says I'm wrong!
Ecogear is really good quality stuff. I had the TV legs that gives you more room under the TV than the stand that comes with the TV. Good quality and good prices with ecogear.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

rockhound100bopd

rockhound100bopd

Junior Audioholic
This has NEVER been an issue with properly designed higher end mounts. I had a 100+ pound plasma hanging from a Chief wall mount with a speaker hanging under it for 10+ years without any sag or other issues at all.

I would have far greater concern about the durability of a OLED display and how thin they are with moving them around. Most quality articulating wall mounts require a fair bit of force to move the TV around, and those TVs aren't exactly heavy duty in their build design.

That TV is under 60 pounds without the stand. The stand is almost 20 pounds.

Depending on budget, you may want to look into a motorized articulating solution like this...
Thanks for the info. I didn't even think about the stand weigheing 20 lbs. Good to know.

XenoChron

XenoChron

Audioholic
For what it is worth and I’m no expert but I just mounted a 77 G1 on a Perlesmith PSXFK1 mount that I got on Amazon for $80. Right now it is $60. I had my doubts and had a $350 Sanus mount as backup and took the sanus back. This Perlesmith which is probably some no-name Chinese brand is built like a tank and is articulated to tilt and move side to side and out and has about 20 or so inches extension from wall.

There are four points on the mount on the wall for lag bolts but I didn’t take any chances and put four bolts across top and two in bottom. I couldn’t believe how stiff it was compared to the old mount I had an older LG 55 on.

I could probably have done pull ups on it and I’d not have trusted anything less sturdy with my $3k+ TV mounted to it.

I do agree though with previous post that with a mount this stiff and hard to move I’d be careful where you grab the screen. The C1 isn’t stiff near the top since it is just the panel so you don’t want to pull on that at all. The G1 isn’t quite as bad as the whole back is about an inch across the entire display.

The $350 sanus may be more balanced and free to move compared to this but I don’t tend to adjust it regularly. My old sanus mount was much easier to move but the tv was lighter too.

Unfortunately the only way I’d know how it compares is to mount the expensive sanus and that is just more work than I care to go through. :)

Good luck and enjoy the set. Love the LG’s. I feel like I finally have the movie theater feel with the bigger tv to go with my home theater system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XenoChron

XenoChron

Audioholic
For comparisons this is the mount I'm discussing above from Perlesmith: https://www.perlesmith.com/products/full-motion-tv-wall-mount-bracket-fits-50-90-inch-tvs-psxfk1?_pos=1&_sid=dc72e1302&_ss=r

This is the mount I took back from Sanus: https://www.sanus.com/en_US/products/tv-mounts/vlf728/

One last note - the Perlesmith does NOT come with Lag bolts for wooden studs which makes no sense since they include the hardware for concrete walls. I also used washers to make sure it was secure on the wall mount. I did the same on the older Sanus mount I had too.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis