Polk Audio LSI used?

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
So I love my Revel’s and while I’m waiting to find a single or pair of M22’s for center channel duty I’ve got a chance to buy a pair of Polk Audio LSI15’s and LSIC in mint condition for $500. Any feedback from former or current owners on these? I do need a 5.1 setup for my bedroom and am in the market regardless. Thanks guys and happy holidays!

vader540is

vader540is

Full Audioholic
So I love my Revel’s and while I’m waiting to find a single or pair of M22’s for center channel duty I’ve got a chance to buy a pair of Polk Audio LSI15’s and LSIC in mint condition for $500. Any feedback from former or current owners on these? I do need a 5.1 setup for my bedroom and am in the market regardless. Thanks guys and happy holidays!
Before you buy them, make sure you check the resistor for the tweeter.

Those are known for burning up.

I would use a power amplifier to drive them IMHO.

I have repaired many of them.

Here are some pictures from the XO of a LSi15

K

kevintomb

Junior Audioholic
The Lsic, is a great center. VERY neutral sounding.

Honestly, probably better response overall than the Revel you are searching for.

I found an LsiC, at a foreclosed house, long story, but got it for 50 bucks, expected to flip it for about $150.00, tried it out and would never part with it!

Not saying the Revel is bad at all, as it measures fairly good, except in the bass region mostly. Voices on the Lsic, sound Very real, and not thin.
I think the revel would be fine if the bass range was better (80-120 hz)

Last edited:
Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
Going to pick up the 15’s and LSI-C this morning for $500. Will post pics when I get home

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Going to pick up the 15’s and LSI-C this morning for $500. Will post pics when I get home
Good deal indeed. I'm so excited when people get new speakers and what they think of them, especially me. No, is all fun though. Have a good time playing around with them.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
On the way home with them now, man did they sound great for my short audition. For the time being I’m going to move my Revel F50’s to the reserve and put the LSI’s as my mains and center with my Mirage HDT-F’s for surrounds and M&K THX bookshelfs as my height layer. I’ve wanted the LSi series for years but they’ve always been a bit pricey on eBay when they’re able to be shipped and even when I see them for sale locally they’re $600+ just for the 15’s. Overall I’m very happy. Pics inbound once I get home

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
They are beauties! Wow! Very nice find.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
Thanks guys! So this might not be a popular opinion but in my small room I actually like them more than the Revel’s. I’m going to save the F50’s for when I move but I absolutely am loving the LSi series. I’ve already got a line on a pair of 9’s to use as surrounds to replace the HDT’s. Guy said he would take $250.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks guys! So this might not be a popular opinion but in my small room I actually like them more than the Revel’s. I’m going to save the F50’s for when I move but I absolutely am loving the LSi series. I’ve already got a line on a pair of 9’s to use as surrounds to replace the HDT’s. Guy said he would take $250.
Wow! That was an awesome deal congratulations!

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
If you can find a pair of LSiFX surrounds, those are excellent surrounds.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis