B&W , 703 & HTM 7 tweeters

tenerifepaul

tenerifepaul

Audioholic Intern
Looking to replace all the tweeters on the above. The unit casings made of a combination of rubber and plastic, have degraded over the twenty years I have had them, to the point where they are pretty much falling apart, plus a couple of the grills have broken. My understanding is that the full units have been discontinued, although the grills can still be bought. Can anyone advise where if anywhere I can get hold full units or whether there is any other alternative?

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Looking to replace all the tweeters on the above. The unit casings made of a combination of rubber and plastic, have degraded over the twenty years I have had them, to the point where they are pretty much falling apart, plus a couple of the grills have broken. My understanding is that the full units have been discontinued, although the grills can still be bought. Can anyone advise where if anywhere I can get hold full units or whether there is any other alternative?
Check out this website. You can look up by your model number.

tenerifepaul

tenerifepaul

Audioholic Intern
Thanks, tried that before posting , and Ebay......my guess is that getting parts like a full tweeter for a 25 year old speaker might just be too much to expect?

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Thanks, tried that before posting , and Ebay......my guess is that getting parts like a full tweeter for a 25 year old speaker might just be too much to expect?
Yeah, might not be that easy. Might be time for an upgrade! :D

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Can you give is a picture of one? I would assume the face plate and magnet are intact. So with a bit of ingenuity the tweeters may be salvageable.

tenerifepaul

tenerifepaul

Audioholic Intern
No problem, I think I can get the grill from a supplier but the casing is a mess and I can't see any ingenuity that could change that. Its just aesthetics as I dont think there has been much sound degradation despite the broken grill.....having said that I only use it for home theatre so ....
tweeter.jpg

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
No problem, I think I can get the grill from a supplier but the casing is a mess and I can't see any ingenuity that could change that. Its just aesthetics as I dont think there has been much sound degradation despite the broken grill.....having said that I only use it for home theatre so ....View attachment 52290
This comes to mind!

Those speakers are deceased. They are EX speakers!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis