Speaker for background music in large room with vaulted ceilings?

R

RedTortoise

Audiophyte
Hi all, I have a living room with high ceilings that is ~14ft wide x 20ft long x 20ft high, and opens up into different rooms in the house. I'm looking for a speaker on which we could play music on (via Bluetooth or Aux) that could fill the space well. We'd be typically walking around or in and out of the room, so no need for stereo pair or a sophisticated setup. Listening mostly to instrumental or vocals. We have an old Bose Wave system (I know), so most anything would be an improvement. Appreciate your thoughts!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
For a single powered speaker I'd think the Bose Wave is quite good....can it sum to mono on an input? If so I'd probably just connect a BT receiver or a Chromecast Audio or similar for more functionality. Personally I don't have any single powered speakers in use, not something I look at too often but haven't seen much out there when I have looked, particularly not one capable for a fairly large volume like you have.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Hi all, I have a living room with high ceilings that is ~14ft wide x 20ft long x 20ft high, and opens up into different rooms in the house. I'm looking for a speaker on which we could play music on (via Bluetooth or Aux) that could fill the space well. We'd be typically walking around or in and out of the room, so no need for stereo pair or a sophisticated setup. Listening mostly to instrumental or vocals. We have an old Bose Wave system (I know), so most anything would be an improvement. Appreciate your thoughts!
Check out the Audioengine B2

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis