Best Media Player in picture and sound - Oppo Clones ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Pictures of the player? No problem… this is the M9205 for example.

View attachment 51943View attachment 51944
What the heck is this? Seriously?

Oppo made some of the best Blu-ray Disc players in the world. BLU-RAY DISC! This player appears to be a dressed up media player. Not sure what it does beyond stream stuff, which means it needs firmware to drive everything.

I will never understand manufacturers that try to get into US markets or any European markets and then fail to send their product out to reviewers for proper review. There are a TON of places which can give somewhat unbiased reviews and can actually talk about the quality of what MY money will be purchasing.

For several years I used a DuneHD for my internal movie streaming playback... it was, at best, okay. The firmware issues, lack of support, and complete failure of Dune to build in automatic disc lookup was the death of the product for me. Too many issues and way too much money spent to deal with that garbage.

I'm not sure if this is good or bad, I'm quite sure that you are incredibly biased, and the lack of actual reviews by well respected website makes this an absolute waste of a product. It needs to go out for proper review before anyone tries selling them and expecting any type of quality or respect.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
What type of warranty and after-sell support is offered on these mysterious players? UL listed?

This is the first I'm hearing of Oppo clones, and everyone has a right to be suspicious.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Ok please name a better player ….
OPPO :D

Where are the specs, not just a crappy picture. What DACs are in it? Shot of the internals? Give details, not just claims. I can claim whatever I like too, that doesn't make it true.

M92XX

M92XX

Enthusiast
If defective you get a new. My support is limitless, I write with the producer every day… What is UL support?

j_garcia …. I know what I know, this is enough to me :) you don’t need to buy it. Many Oppo owner have compared, A/V is 1:1 like oppo.

I got many more pictures, those who are interested ➡ feel free to contact me via PM.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Someone selling electronics in US isn't familiar with UL? https://ul.org/

Why is your warranty only one year? You have enough to sell but not one to prove its viability?

M92XX

M92XX

Enthusiast
I am selling from China …. Worldwide.

And we won’t give one of the last devices (if we should stop production because of the worldwide situation) to a reviewer.

Would be nice if you could write some nice lines, you are crying all the time, thank you.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I am selling from China …. Worldwide.

And we won’t give one of the last devices (if we should stop production because of the worldwide situation) to a reviewer.

Would be nice if you could write some nice lines, you are crying all the time, thank you.
Well, we will do everything we can to prevent what is almost certainly untested junk from China coming here. China is a rogue nation, with no, or lax standards. I bet the product is not UL tested. Very likely your activity is illegal under US law. I hope anything you send to the USA is impounded. The authorities hopefully are on the lookout for these types of scams.

We are knee deep in Chinese junk as it is. The last thing any of us want to encourage is more of the same.

I suspect the EU will take a dim view of this, and also the UK.

All you can expect here is increasing scorn as you add posts.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
My many customers share my opinion, my opinion is a purely objective...
Opinions are subjective by definition. You, as a reseller, are by definition biased.
I won't bash you as TLSGuy does, but per BMXTRIX point - the media player you shared photos of, doesn't have a physical drive, so why would even compare yourself to best in breed DISK player (streaming was always secondary) at all?
Besides, I don't think that OPPO created the best streaming players at all for that matter.

This market of streaming boxes is already full of both well-known and small players. Zidoo for example was/is trying to make a name of themselves - they even sent me one of their players for free, yet it's gathering dust and you don't hear me shilling it. Whatever products you trying to resell, as far this audience goes - see the main site mantra - "Pursuing the Truth in Audio and Video" - we take it seriously and only real objective and INDEPENDENT and third party reviews which include in-depth measurements are seriously considered.

Short version: Submit your equipment for review to a few sites, here at AH, audiosciencereview, or http://archimago.blogspot.com.
Once we see the OBJECTIVE review maybe we could discuss your products some more.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yep, the reason I want specs is because you're comparing to a disc based player. The Oppos were actually well known for their analog MUSIC capabilities. I can't say most people who bought an Oppo were doing it for the streaming abilities, since that wasn't their strong point. I have both a 105 and a 205 and have never used either to stream because I have half a dozen other devices that do a great job at that already.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord

Your attitude about this is crap. PERIOD.

I said I have no idea if your product is good or bad, but there is ZERO doubt you are biased. Everything you say reeks of bias.

The attitude of the Chinese importer is to screw over consumers and to do their best to ignore any serious expectations, demand, or consequences. Especially consequences.

If you don't have enough product to get them out for review, then you are dealing with a company that isn't serious.
If you are concerned about production ending, then you are providing zero confidence in the support of the product long term.
There are no reviews, no manuals, no actual descriptions.... JUST MARKETING BS HYPE!!!

Then you come here to whine about how people are unfairly treating the product which has never been reviewed and WILL NOT BE SENT FOR SERIOUS REVIEW?
Are you f'n kidding me?
Get this BS product out of here if you aren't going to treat consumers with the basic respect they deserve and have such a shoddy product that it can't stand up to the scrutiny of serious review and evaluation.

Half a dozen products sent out to serious review sites for evaluation would not only boost brand recognition, but would lend serious credence to every single claim you've made...

But, it could also lead to showing that this product is a rip off and doesn't measure up and you are nothing more than a con-artist. That's what happens when you make claims and reviewers get their hands on it... You no longer control the narrative.

If the product is worthwhile, it will survive reviews without issue. If you are unwilling to send it out, then you know it can't survive reviews and doesn't measure up, but here you are anyway.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Would be nice if you could write some nice lines,
Now who's crying?

You want people to write nice things without having ever seen, used, or heard of the product (until you mentioned it) based on your opinion of it?

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
OP came here for free advertisement, left here with a free education. :)

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
stereotypes of ….
Let me finish that for you:

Stereotypes of...
...standard ripoff importers who are after a buck instead of willing to properly have their product reviewed and evaluated by reputable websites.

Congratulations, you've passed this test with flying colors!
I've noticed you posted this same exact thread in other forums and they didn't even allow the thread to stand. You are being called out left and right, and you aren't rising to the challenge by running away from any reasonable response.

Send a unit in for review or go away.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I think AH should delete the OP and his threads myself...he's just spammin and scammin.....

jinjuku

jinjuku

If you are affiliated in the industry protocol is to PM Gene or another mod and announce yourself and also setup your signature to broadcast this fact.

I'm inclined to believe that you are given the tone of your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis