Checking out some Revel's tomorrow

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
So after my failed Paradigm purchase from that scumbag scammer I found a pair of Revel Performa F50's for $300. The seller FaceTimed with me and showed me them working and invited me to test them in person. I'm making the 3 hour round trip tomorrow to pick them up. Has anyone owned these or heard them? I've heard great things about Revel but haven't owned any. Thanks guys!

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
as a more than satisfied Revel owner I'd say if they are as advertised they should be superb. As Lovin' said the addition of a sub(or two) should really make them sing !

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
I was going to throw them into my current home theater which uses a MiniDSP 2x4HD and 4 subs. I’m really looking forward to hearing them and getting them home! Thanks for the info guys and I’ll post pics tomorrow night!

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
It does seem to state they were $7500 a pair. I always figured Revel would be one of those brands out of my reach for the near future so I have always wanted to give them a shot. I’ll post pics and my thoughts tomorrow night

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
You might post your same question on Audio Science Review website. They worhship Revel speakers (for appropriate reasons) over there. Someone will remember these or have owned them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
I would rate them 7/10 condition. All the drivers are great and they’re complete with the factory feet, grills and shorting bars. The small audition I did was with some classical music off two 250 watt AudioSource Amp 5.3A Monoblocks I use for testing that aren’t super high quality but they’re also not a big loss if someone steals them out of my car or whatever when I’m out picking up gear. The Rebel’s sounded phenomenal! Tomorrow I’m doing a reconfigure of my home theater with the Revel’s as mains. I’ll post pics and measurements that night!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh damn dude, those look nice!

Maybe the first guy accidentally did you a favor, huh?

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
Oh damn dude, those look nice!

Maybe the first guy accidentally did you a favor, huh?
Thanks Guys! I’m very happy with them!! Even used these were generally out of my price range. The same guy also has an Infinity HPS-10 that’s HUGE he said I can have for $50. I’ve got 4 great subwoofers but I figure for $50 I can flip it

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks Guys! I’m very happy with them!! Even used these were generally out of my price range. The same guy also has an Infinity HPS-10 that’s HUGE he said I can have for $50. I’ve got 4 great subwoofers but I figure for $50 I can flip it
I think I woulda bit on those speakers too, because Revel, lol. Seriously tho, even with a little cosmetic wear as long as they're in good working order I'd say you got a good deal. First glance that sub looks like a pretty serious sub too. Even if it is 20 years old... 50 bucks tho? Sigh. I'd prolly get it too, lol.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
I think I woulda bit on those speakers too, because Revel, lol. Seriously tho, even with a little cosmetic wear as long as they're in good working order I'd say you got a good deal. First glance that sub looks like a pretty serious sub too. Even if it is 20 years old... 50 bucks tho? Sigh. I'd prolly get it too, lol.
Yeah man, this guy buys storage units and he told me he generally throws OUT the audio gear. I calmly explained to him that ANYTIME he gets stuff like this to text me and I’ll be at his house with money within the hour.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah man, this guy buys storage units and he told me he generally throws OUT the audio gear. I calmly explained to him that ANYTIME he gets stuff like this to text me and I’ll be at his house with money within the hour.
So you're going to break the speed laws by a lot for a normal 1.5 hour trip? :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Then again if he finds you'll drive back for a $50 item he might figure he's not charging enough....

K

kevintomb

Junior Audioholic
Give me your location, I will pick up his gear for you, and store it at my climate controlled storage warehouse, as an undisclosed location, for pickup later!!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis