Improve Your Loudspeakers Sound with this Tweak?

Do IsoAcoustics Isolators Really Work?

• Yes. It's a great tweak and must have despite their cost.

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Not sure. Sounds like snake oil to me.

Votes: 32 78.0%
  • No. I tried them and heard no difference.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Perfect example of a cheap easy way to lift up your speakers and decouple. Yoga blocks, perfect height, solid, very sturdy and cheap. The perfect height that I needed.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Perfect example of a cheap easy way to lift up your speakers and decouple. Yoga blocks, perfect height, solid, very sturdy and cheap. The perfect height that I needed.

I know I could just use google, but WTF is a yoga block?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I know I could just use google, but WTF is a yoga block?
I never heard of it till yesterday myself. That's hilarious! Apparently they are blocks for people to do some type of Yoga. These are very nice. They are made to hold a person as people do Yoga stand on them.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I never heard of it till yesterday myself. That's hilarious! Apparently they are blocks for people to do some type of Yoga. These are very nice. They are made to hold a person as people do Yoga stand on them.
Those are low resolution yoga blocks. They need to be quantum cryo treated or your chakras won't have a clean signal path. You'd be able to tell if your yoga was more resolving...

:p :p

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Those are low resolution yoga blocks. They need to be quantum cryo treated or your chakras won't have a clean signal path. You'd be able to tell if your yoga was more resolving...

:p
Oh great, now I'm gonna have to look for those and over pay by thousands. You know how to separate me from my money, thanks Porge!

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.

:p :p
You're looking at it from the wrong side- the low res blocks are to prevent negative energy reaching the brain of the person doing Yoga. It's sneaky, that way- creeps up on you while you're trying to relax.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I added the SVS isolation feet to my Rythmik LVX12 sub today. I spent $50 for feet on a sub that cost me $800 originally. If I perceive even a 1% improvement I’ll replace the feet on my other Rythmik and HSU subs. :)
After spending some time with the SVS feet, they absolutely have helped in my case. I will need to get a few more sets to get my other subs completed. :)

M

Mitchellman1

Audiophyte
I was glad to see this review. i installed a set of Gaia IIs on my Klipsch KLF-30s about 6 months on loan from my local dealer. Installation is easy if you have the proper threads. After some serious listening sessions with familiar discs, I decided to purchase these well-made isolators. The soundstage and bass response in my room improved dramatically. Previously, I had some frequency resonances on certain pieces of music. They are gone. If you are going to keep your speakers for a long time, I would highly recommend trying these.

Epsonfan

Epsonfan

Full Audioholic
1K for 3 or four feet for each speaker that's over 2k for a pair speakers. Really..

M

Mitchellman1

Audiophyte
The prices in the review are for speakers that weigh more than 120 pounds each. The Gaia IIs are much less.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
some additional comments from users ..............

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
some additional comments from users ..............

Is that as good as comments from audiogon? :) I like this guy's comments:
"I tried the Gaia I under my Magico V3's at the time, I liked the original spikes better, I lost speed and definition in the low frequencies with the footers, and also did not like the "soft" feeling when touching the speakers. In other demo's with different speakers I did hear improvements.

I have sold the Gaia's, the new owner is very happy with them (also V3's)

If you can try them before buying would be best in my opinion. "

Maybe he wasn't using the right power cable or speaker cables....hard to pin this stuff down.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Is that as good as comments from audiogon? :) I like this guy's comments:
"I tried the Gaia I under my Magico V3's at the time, I liked the original spikes better, I lost speed and definition in the low frequencies with the footers, and also did not like the "soft" feeling when touching the speakers. In other demo's with different speakers I did hear improvements.

I have sold the Gaia's, the new owner is very happy with them (also V3's)

If you can try them before buying would be best in my opinion. "

Maybe he wasn't using the right power cable or speaker cables....hard to pin this stuff down.
Hol up. It made the speakers feel soft? I need to get whatever they're smoking.

C

cutedaddy

Audioholic Intern
A very loooong, long article about a very well understood topic.

Of course we don't want our speakers to vibrate (good speakers hardly do), of course we don't want the vibrations to be transferred to our listening environment if they still DO vibrate.

And of course spikes are not 'mechanically designed' to play a part in this equation (they're 'mechanically designed' to keep speakers from migrating the carpet, and to, instead, transfer possible vibrations to many other types of floors, sometimes with surprising efficiency).

And of course soft, plyable and preferably heavy materials are key in decoupling the speakers mechanically from your concrete, wood, or other enthousiastically resonating rigid structures.

Rubber, and rubber associated materials, immediately come to mind (and have in fact long been used to perform exactly this function quite effectively). Case in point are Genelec's (!!) standard issue rubber feet accompanying their complete range of near field monitors.

There's tons of rubber-like materials you can experiment with, and (if vibration tranmissions are indeed a problem you are dealing with) each will yield a measurable and sometimes audible effect.

I'd say, depending on your hourly rate, a retail price of $ 1.000 - 1.700 gives you quite some time to experiment. Or just get Genelecs for that money, including rubber feet.

This is just a long story, about a rip off for very little audible effect, that you can easily solve otherwise.

Ah, and when you DO experiment (with ten to 25 dollars worth of materials), keep in mind that a combination of massive and foamlike rubbers with different densities works best, because each takes care of a range of frequencies.

Happy listening!

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I call BS and shame on Audioholics. Where are the blind listening tests? Any conflict of interest?
It amazes me how conspiracies are formed in audio when someone that has a good experience with a product and writes a glowing review MUST have gotten some kickback. I got off ASR and deleted my account when I saw how toxic of an environment some folks make it over there and hope we can keep that to a minimum here.

The reality is Theo (the author of this review) gets the same flat fee I pay him for reviews whether he likes the product or not. Theo is one of the most ethical, and nicest persons I've ever met and happy to have him on our team.

I honestly think his review is a bit over the top but the guy is the ultimate optimist and his optimism and enthusiasm for audio is quite intoxicating. It adds balance to my more pragmatic view of audio.

With that said, Theo secured me a set of these isolators for my Revel F328Be's and I plan to test them with him when he comes to visit next year. I don't think they will do much so my expectations are low, but we shall see. At the end of the day, I will just enjoy his company talking shop and eating dark chocolate together.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Makes one want to cease contributing real world experiences with real world products for nothin’’ when folks are gettin’ paid for adver… um, “reviewing” this kind of s#%t. Guess I’ll head over to the Audioskeptics site.;) I kid of course. If for no other reason, I’ll stay out of spite.:D

You know what I did when I managed production at a body shop and the painter had the balls to try and pass off a color mismatch to me. I sent that f#%ker right back into the paint booth and held back any glowing reviews until the f#%ker got it right.:mad:

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
At the end of the day, I will just enjoy his company talking shop and eating dark chocolate together.
Lol. That's so specific. Good to see you guys have a great working relationship.

As to him being an optimist, I think we can get behind some of the more positive folks in our lives, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. We ALL want to hear what you think though.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis