If you had this space for a HT room, how would you approach it?

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Looking around at a new house to buy. Not necessarily going to buy it, but it has this space in a carriage house/outbuilding:

Screenshot_20211121-114856_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20211121-114941_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20211121-115319_Samsung Internet.jpg

How would you make it into a decent HT room, or would it even be worth doing? There isn't any space inside the main house to put a HT room if you're wondering.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You mean turn your 17.5 x 33 workshop into a HT? Hells yeah. Get rid of those shelves, put in some nice tile or wood floors, put thick area rugs over the floor. Or just carpet.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
You mean turn your 17.5 x 33 workshop into a HT? Hells yeah. Get rid of those shelves, put in some nice tile or wood floors, put thick area rugs over the floor. Or just carpet.
Since this likely custom house has two garages one for cars/workshop and left one for a bigger thing, RV maybe?
I'm 99% sure that OP means the left garage area 15x33. I think it could work fine, but you'd need to delete that tall garage door, put wall and insulation instead. you'd probably need to add insulation to side walls as well.
Other than these "minor" details, I think you could definitely build a proper HT room. due to big height, you could even go for 2-3ft elevated 2nd-row seating.

Before purchasing the house, I'd bring a constructor or five to give you their estimate. You guys have lots of building codes and converting garage to HT room may bump into some of them.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Since this likely custom house has two garages one for cars/workshop and left one for a bigger thing, RV maybe?
I'm 99% sure that OP means the left garage area 15x33. I think it could work fine, but you'd need to delete that tall garage door, put wall and insulation instead. you'd probably need to add insulation to side walls as well.
Other than these "minor" details, I think you could definitely build a proper HT room. due to big height, you could even go for 2-3ft elevated 2nd-row seating.

Before purchasing the house, I'd bring a constructor or five to give you their estimate. You guys have lots of building codes and converting garage to HT room may bump into some of them.
Yes, the "smaller" side with the higher ceilings. This is a separate garage/carriage house with a suite on the top of it.

Also, I'm a carpenter by trade so anything that needs doing structurally etc, I'd be doing myself. I was even thinking about 3 rows of seating tbh. My current HT is 18.5 × 10.5 × 7.5 with a 2nd row elevated 16" above the front row, and except for the low ceiling height it's great with 2 rows.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis