No sound from my Marantz receiver

T

TAC

Enthusiast
I don't think any AVR requires setup just for producing sound.

The sound might not be optimal if the AVR is not set up correctly. But there should still be sound even if it is not set up.
Actually, my Marantz receiver had never been used and no set up had ever been done. When I set it up, it began working normally. Thanks

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well, that is not true of my Marantz equipment at all. You have to tell the unit what speakers are connected, and you have to assign the inputs, or you get zero sound.
I stand corrected. :D

I guess all AVRs are different.

I’ve owned many Denon AVR’s and now Yamaha. They all seemed to work even before I do any setup.

Or so I thought. :D

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I stand corrected. :D
I actually think you are correct anyway depending on what "setup" means. If I remember right, when you first turn it on the "setup assistant" would pop up and guide you through the so called "setup", but you can quickly bypass it if you want to do the basic setting/configurations manually and don't intend to use Audyssey.

L

Lclouseau

Audiophyte
The same happened with me (Marantz NR1609, kept at tv rack for 1 year, disconnected from all cords). No sound at all from speakers neither from headphones, even changing the speakers setup. Everything else seems to work but the sound. When turn up the volume is possible to hear the noise of internal relays as usual. I'll try to make the "microprocessor" reset this weekend. any other clue?

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
AVR reset would be a good idea, as worked previously by another poster.

L

Lclouseau

Audiophyte
The same happened with me (Marantz NR1609, kept at tv rack for 1 year, disconnected from all cords). No sound at all from speakers neither from headphones, even changing the speakers setup. Everything else seems to work but the sound. When turn up the volume is possible to hear the noise of internal relays as usual. I'll try to make the "microprocessor" reset this weekend. any other clue?
I tried the microship reset, and factory reset, but still have no sound. even test tone is not possible to hear.
any other procedure to try? clean the board with isopropilic alchohol?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Factory resets are generally as much as the consumer can do without resorting to analysis/repair by a qualified tech....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis