Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah some people asking why I went for a Samsung QN instead of an Oled... REFLECTIONS !
Even with the triple polarizing coating, I have reflections... But the QN90A is really bright so it works. Oled would have been watched out in daylight conditions.
Oh I like the way you got your TV setup looks like it's in the wall. Was just picking at ya bro! You got a very nice setup. I do believe I'll get me Sony Master Series OLED 65" next year..

diablo676

diablo676

Junior Audioholic
Yeah some people asking why I went for a Samsung QN instead of an Oled... REFLECTIONS !
Even with the triple polarizing coating, I have reflections... But the QN90A is really bright so it works. Oled would have been watched out in daylight conditions.
I used to have an LG OLED in my lounge. Lounge is south-facing with a big window so needed to be on very bright during the day - and it did go pretty bright. Though it got screen burn after 12 months. Screen replaced under guarantee but started to get burn again. LG say that their TVs don't do that - but they do.

So moved the LG to a darker room and got a Samsung Q90 instead. That's still good after two years - and a bit brighter. :)

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
I used to have an LG OLED in my lounge. Lounge is south-facing with a big window so needed to be on very bright during the day - and it did go pretty bright. Though it got screen burn after 12 months. Screen replaced under guarantee but started to get burn again. LG say that their TVs don't do that - but they do.

So moved the LG to a darker room and got a Samsung Q90 instead. That's still good after two years - and a bit brighter. :)
The QN90A is really bright, top brightness is close to 2000Nits if I remember well. I can't complain about the quality of all my toys, engineers have done a very good job.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
The QN90A is really bright, top brightness is close to 2000Nits if I remember well. I can't complain about the quality of all my toys, engineers have done a very good job.
Than it's got to be great for Dolby Vision, you gotta have no less than 400 nits to get full use of Dolby vision and HDR 10 anything lower than 400 nits your wasting money on cheap TV's.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Than it's got to be great for Dolby Vision, you gotta have no less than 400 nits to get full use of Dolby vision and HDR 10 anything lower than 400 nits your wasting money on cheap TV's.
It WOULD have been great but Samsung TV don't support Dolby Vision, only HDR10+ which is not as good as Dolby Vision. I made this compromise knowing I will lose some quality. HDR10+ is also a per scene HDR parametric description, it's an open standard, but not a lot of content support it.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
It WOULD have been great but Samsung TV don't support Dolby Vision, only HDR10+ which is not as good as Dolby Vision. I made this compromise knowing I will lose some quality. HDR10+ is also a per scene HDR parametric description, it's an open standard, but not a lot of content support it.
Still though, that 4K you have is rated very highly. That one and Sony's X90J are about as good as you can get without breaking the bank account. PS, should've said, for LED that is. Don't have to worry about burn-in

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I wish I had enough money, to buy me a solid gold rocket ship! :D;)

C

chapp

Audioholic
On your POP issue I believe if you go into settings, Yamaha says something about that. Can't remember where in settings I saw that. Something to do with HDMI or Mode setting.
Replicant 7, I have checked settings but can't see anything about this and would appreciate if you can recall more about it. Thanks.

clone1008

clone1008

Full Audioholic
Hi all: I am new here from South Fl. Been into AV since a kid, currently a senior and trying to get around the new A8A which replaced an aged RX-A3000. I have a 7.1.4 setup with PSB's Image 6T towers, 9C center, 10S surrounds and surround backs and recently added 4 SVS Prime Elevations. Sub is a SVS PB4000. All connected to a Sony 85X90CH(900H). Also Akai GXM50, Technics SL1200, Denon CD player. Sony X800 UHD player. Plus a lot of vintage gear.
The new A8A is quite good so far, but I have noticed the delay and sound dropout from HBO as others did. I also have been experiencing a "Pop" sound intermittently, from various speaker (not always from the same one) when I am within a streaming app changing programs, or exiting the app. Sometimes when I go into the TV setup and exit out I hear a pop, too. This is not continuous, but happens sometimes. Does it with You Tube also. I have mentioned this in another forum and just need to know if others have experienced anything like this with their A8A. I really want to know if this is an issue as my time to return is still active.
I have tried changing several HDMI cables(8k certified etc.) switching off eArc. I have turned off all enhancements etc. as I do not use these, but I have not been able to get rid of this "POP". I would appreciate your response.

Thanks
chaap.
Wow I have the exact same PSB speaker setup as you and I also upgraded from my beloved older RX-V3900!!!

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Replicant 7, I have checked settings but can't see anything about this and would appreciate if you can recall more about it. Thanks.
Go to in settings, HDMI Control, go to ARC, off to the side read: Note, maybe. Other than that, could be a Sync issue? Something incompatible? Just guessing here.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Hi all: I am new here from South Fl. Been into AV since a kid, currently a senior and trying to get around the new A8A which replaced an aged RX-A3000. I have a 7.1.4 setup with PSB's Image 6T towers, 9C center, 10S surrounds and surround backs and recently added 4 SVS Prime Elevations. Sub is a SVS PB4000. All connected to a Sony 85X90CH(900H). Also Akai GXM50, Technics SL1200, Denon CD player. Sony X800 UHD player. Plus a lot of vintage gear.
The new A8A is quite good so far, but I have noticed the delay and sound dropout from HBO as others did. I also have been experiencing a "Pop" sound intermittently, from various speaker (not always from the same one) when I am within a streaming app changing programs, or exiting the app. Sometimes when I go into the TV setup and exit out I hear a pop, too. This is not continuous, but happens sometimes. Does it with You Tube also. I have mentioned this in another forum and just need to know if others have experienced anything like this with their A8A. I really want to know if this is an issue as my time to return is still active.
I have tried changing several HDMI cables(8k certified etc.) switching off eArc. I have turned off all enhancements etc. as I do not use these, but I have not been able to get rid of this "POP". I would appreciate your response.

Thanks
chaap.
What box do you use to stream HBO? Is the pop like a thump from the sub or like a higher frequency?

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
You guy's got this! Having some fun are we! Minions unite! :D Anyways, just play around with everything!! Try out everything that's how I'm learning and picking up useful info on my RX-A4A.
16371692684851294829447983475963.gif

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
My journey with Yamaha is a dream. Listening to some Mark Knopfler albums. It's like I was discovering some new tunes. Definitively my old Denon AVC-A1D wasn't sounding good compared to that (I know it's like comparing apples with peaches, twenty years between these two amps. Modern Denon AVR would probably sound as good).
My columns are alive...

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
Go to (Option) click that little button on your remote, than go to Enhancer, click that, than click that (?) On your remote: it'll pull up info that'll explain what it does.
Should you use it though! Gene said not to use extra bass, maybe something is said about this too

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Should you use it though! Gene said not to use extra bass, maybe something is said about this too
I use it, but not for every source. But I do use both enhance and hi&,res mode. Me likea it a lot.. it's a preference thing some do some don't.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis