Amazon Echo's AUX plug to send audio to newer Yamaha AVR, like TSR-700?

L

LTEK

Audiophyte
Anyone using Amazon Echo's AUX plug to send through speakers connected to a Yamaha AVR (mine is the TSR-700)?

Prior to getting the Yamaha, I used a basic bluetooth amp. I could change the volume of the Alexa (thus the speakers) using a voice command like... "Alexa, volume 4". The amp was a separate volument control (not controlled by Alexa). Now using the TSR-700 I have the AUX plug input into the TSR-700's Audio 5 input. And now commands to Alexa to change volume doesnt change the audio level at all - I must ues the TSR-700 volume control... Which I do not want as the Yamaha is hidden in a cabinet.

any help is appreciated!

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I didn't think it sounded particularly good. You already have MusicCast- I have one, too and definitely prefer the sound. I haven't used my Echo Dot in a few years, so I can't say if any updates have made it better.

M

Merkules2001

Audioholic
I use a 3.5 to rca on 2 different receivers, dot and full size. It works for volume control.

L

LTEK

Audiophyte
I use a 3.5 to rca on 2 different receivers, dot and full size. It works for volume control.
Yeah, it worked on my old BT Amp but not the Yamaha... do you have it connecting through a regular analog RCA inputs on your AVRs? And you can use the volume buttons, or voice commands, on the Echo to change the volume level -- without changing the AVRs volume control?

thx!!

M

Merkules2001

Audioholic
Yeah, it worked on my old BT Amp but not the Yamaha... do you have it connecting through a regular analog RCA inputs on your AVRs? And you can use the volume buttons, or voice commands, on the Echo to change the volume level -- without changing the AVRs volume control?

thx!!
I put the volume at mid level and let Echo go up and down. Yes, normal analog rca, any port.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis