7.1.4 Setup For Around $7.5-9K

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
I think of Salk as a high dollar luxury car with a leather interior and JTR more like a top fuel racing car. Both of them are top performers with advanced engineering and design, but have different goals. If THX HT is a focus I'd lean toward JTR. They have ridiculous dynamics and you're not paying for aesthetics. Every dollar is going into performance. I haven't heard them but I can't imagine them being "bad" for music. @William Lemmerhirt might have some input on JTR.
Yes. This is what detailed expression that @shadyJ gave was I looking for. I wanted to know how they compared for Music and Movies and Now I got clear cut answer to it.

Thank you very much for your input as well.

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
I thought you picked arendal over the studio 5 series? Maybe I should reread the thread lmao.
Yes but they are in different Price category. This Arendal lineup is a step up in price and was in same budget range of JBL HDI speakers. So out of the Two I picked the Arendals as the winner. Which means I consider the Arendals to be superior to Studio 5 as well as SVS Ultra lineup.

Yeah this thread is bit complex.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I thought you picked arendal over the studio 5 series? Maybe I should reread the thread lmao.
Right?! I didn't realize the HDIs were even in the running. They're legit contenders too! They're a pretty good mix of accuracy, aesthetics and dynamics in one package. In fact they just might be my choice of the bunch...

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
Right?! I didn't realize the HDIs were even in the running. They're legit contenders too! They're a pretty good mix of accuracy, aesthetics and dynamics in one package. In fact they just might be my choice of the bunch...
There are many speaker lineups which I considered but did not include in the list as there were better alternates in the same budget range. This thread is already complex don't wanna make it any worse. I did consider lineups like Klipsch RP series, Emotiva Airmotiv series, JBL HDI series etc.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I think they would be for me too. Shady loved them too iirc.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
There are many speaker lineups which I considered but did not include in the list as there were better alternates in the same budget range. This thread is already complex don't wanna make it any worse. I did consider lineups like Klipsch RP series, Emotiva Airmotiv series, JBL HDI series etc.
Yeah, I realize that now. Reconfiguring the budget opened a few more doors. I'll tell ya what, check out the JBL HDIs. Those deserve serious consideration, and are pretty dynamic, accurate speakers themselves. I do think they'd be my choice for your use of everything mentioned so far if the budget allows.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Nope. Yes these were the ones I compared to Arendals 1723

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
Yeah, I realize that now. Reconfiguring the budget opened a few more doors. I'll tell ya what, check out the JBL HDIs. Those deserve serious consideration, and are pretty dynamic, accurate speakers themselves. I do think they'd be my choice for your use of everything mentioned so far if the budget allows.
Okay gonna reconsider them.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Okay gonna reconsider them.
Sorry, I hate to complicate it further, but the HDI series is a lot of speaker and I think it really would be at the top of my list. I know @shadyJ liked them a lot. I think they're just about a perfect marriage of power and accuracy for his usage. I think I could be happy with them and not wonder what I was missing at all.

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
Sorry, I hate to complicate it further, but the HDI series is a lot of speaker and I think it really would be at the top of my list. I know @shadyJ liked them a lot. I think they're just about a perfect marriage of power and accuracy for his usage. I think I could be happy with them and not wonder what I was missing at all.
No problem. Got to get the best. If JBL HDI is up there then there is no point of leaving it out of the competition.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
If the OP would match the HDI 3800 to the Array 880 center channel I have I don’t think they’d miss anything in the front stage . Iam heavily leaning towards a pair of 3800’s myself .

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
I'll add another. I have my eyes on these. Look Beautiful. Atlantic Technology 8600e

1635114122547.png

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I'll add another. I have my eyes on these. Look Beautiful. Atlantic Technology 8600e

View attachment 50998
They are gorgeous and Atlantic technology you really never hear about, or at least I never hear about them. Not many threads on them or buzz or anything. I wonder why because they seem to make very beautiful and outstanding speakers?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
I'm really interested in these guys. It's a long shot, but I hope to get my hands on a pair sometime to see how they measure.
The other guy from AVS Forum told me that. JTR is more neutral than Paradigm but not as much as Salk. It is little bit less refined than Paradigm but the difference is minimal. But JTR is best for Movies while lacking very little for Music in comparison to the best. So I am guessing it to be a worthy tradeoff as he can almost get close to best in Music while getting the best in Movies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis