T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I ain’t judgin’. If one can afford to blow some money on bells, whistles lights and cords and such, go for it. Just don’t lose your house over some sparklies. All that s#%t looks silly dangling out of a shopping cart or a cardboard box. ;)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Just imagine putting another $2000-$3400 on top of the cost of those Klipsch speakers. You can get some really really great speakers at that point ($3600-5000).
Ya... Like you, myself, Swerd, Pogre.... :D

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
If you have an Xbox series x then it makes sense
I have been pretty happy with Yamaha over the years but this year it’s a new model year so there’s a little noise about what may be better or worse vs the older Yamahas. I like to let others take the hit at these prices and wait for prices to stabilize and see what the reviewers say.

As far as games, I definitely would like to try Xbox X in Atmos. I wish Microsoft would have included a 2nd hdmi to run audio to the AVR and video to the TV so AVRs with hdmi 2.0 didn’t need to be replace with hdmi2.1 AVRs.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
hey everyone, anyone try audioquest tornado power cables? or compare them to other power cables. Maybe Gene has tested them
Why would you expect them to be insufficient from the OEM manufacturer?

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I blame Gene and AcuDefTechGuy for my speaker cables. I was perfectly happy with my Blue Jeans soniclly welded cables, but then decided to pick up the KimberKable 8TC.....the reason, they looked really cool an dressed up my system, had absolutly nothing to do with sonic improvment and the run was not super long, so did it didn't cost the price of a used Honda Accord ;). (Just for Fronts, main and center) rest is all BJ speaker cables

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Anyone getting one of the new Yamaha receivers?
If memory serves me correctly one member wanted the A6A (on back order) but settled on the A4A because it was in stock. That was in another thread. If you get an Aventage, check out Gene's setup video. There is a setting that you would expect to improve performance but actually hampers it, so a little research is in order.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
If memory serves me correctly one member wanted the A6A (on back order) but settled on the A4A because it was in stock. That was in another thread. If you get an Aventage, check out Gene's setup video. There is a setting that you would expect to improve performance but actually hampers it, so a little research is in order.
That's the video I commented on when the other guys popped in to defend their cables... lol.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I ain’t judgin’. If one can afford to blow some money on bells, whistles lights and cords and such, go for it. Just don’t lose your house over some sparklies. All that s#%t looks silly dangling out of a shopping cart or a cardboard box. ;)
That's not what it's about, at all. It's the spread of misinformation and the fact that folks are being ripped off. Not everyone does the homework or actually knows better. The op of this thread is a perfect example, and now knows better. That's what it's about. Knowing the truth. If one knows the truth and still wants to spend the money that's one thing. People being bilked out of large sums of money under false pretenses is what grinds my gears.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Relax, hype and a degree of misinformation or lack of it is involved in the sale of, well, everything. Yes, some outfits rip people off flat out. And, some people like being lied to if it somehow validates their decision. They want to believe it and don’t need too much of a push to get there.Then, they come around here to get a consensus of their choice after the fact. Nobody is bitching about s#%ty doctors dishing out scrips’ for pills they know won’t save a lazy prick from himself. But, the prick believes it and is happy.;)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Relax, hype and a degree of misinformation or lack of it is involved in the sale of, well, everything. Yes, some outfits rip people off flat out. And, some people like being lied to if it somehow validates their decision. They want to believe it and don’t need too much of a push to get there.Then, they come around here to get a consensus of their choice after the fact. Nobody is bitching about s#%ty doctors dishing out scrips’ for pills they know won’t save a lazy prick from himself. But, the prick believes it and is happy.;)
Oh I have some things to say about Dr's dishing out scripts... a former good friend of mine's life is ruined because his Dr wouldn't tell him "no". We lost a business because he couldn't get his poop together, addicted to benzos. We no longer talk.

I'm glad op took me up on the offer to start a thread here and learned the truth about these cable scams. Yup. That's right. I'm saving the world, one cable at a time...

:p

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Remember “Three on the Tree “ anybody? I like that @Pogre is passionate about the cause. Lately though, too many come around here and ask one question or another about products they have already purchased to get some sort of validation. Or worse, they come asking “I have some money burning a hole in my pocket. What should I get?” Both types should be under conservatorship before somebody robs them blind.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Both types should be under conservatorship before somebody robs them blind.
I volunteer my services! And, while managing their finances, I will also avail myself to use my magic wand to fix their system and make it sound way better than any power cable possibly could!
(Usual fees will of course apply!)

:D

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis