T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
You may like placebos but need a good properly conducted comparison....or are a troll perhaps? The silly wire and power conditioning sh*t gets old quick.
Yikes, still have scars on your wrists?:D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Ok, but use Monster Cables. I’m nothing if not nostalgic.;)
Whatever you wish, it'll be like a last meal thing. Go for it, do the silly MIT or Nordost or whatever, we'll just charge your heirs for the expense :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
hey everyone, anyone try audioquest tornado power cables? or compare them to other power cables. Maybe Gene has tested them
Forgot to ask, are you a particular fan of the old fable about the emperor's clothes?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Ok, but use Monster Cables. I’m nothing if not nostalgic.;)
Holy ballz… I bought into that. Seems like it was 1990ish. Without those, I could never have pushed my certain Vega D-9’s to deafening levels. My system has for a long time been outfitted with beautiful blue Stinger 12ga cable. Sounds like most of my other 12ga cable. But I like it because it’s pliable and easy to use. Oh, and my friend who owns two CSR audio stores hooked me up!!!
The pliable nature also makes its sting(pun intended)when children are out of line.
Hi! 50’ of “shusher” cable please!!! Lmao

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
Thanks everyone for the help.

I will be running klipsch rp8000 as my towers and rp504c as my center. I have cheap 12 gauge speaker wire that I used to wire my Atmos, sides and back through the wall. Should I just use that or get different ones as these 3 speakers send most of the info.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks everyone for the help.

I will be running klipsch rp8000 as my towers and rp504c as my center. I have cheap 12 gauge speaker wire that I used to wire my Atmos, sides and back through the wall. Should I just use that or get different ones as these 3 speakers send most of the info.
12 awg speaker wire is more than adequate for the job.

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
Anyone else have an opinion on speaker cables, is that snake oil too?

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Anyone else have an opinion on speaker cables, is that snake oil too?
Speaker cables aren't snake oil in the sense that you need them. However, high priced cables with ridiculous claims are definitely snake oil. Monoprice 12 awg speaker wire is all anyone really needs. If you want your cables to look nice, blue jeans cables makes some nice ones, or you can go on Amazon and get something like these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071L37VMR/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_10?smid=A2IHZFOHOQ0WG8&psc=1

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
no i just read so much online that power cables do make a difference whereas hdmi cables don't at all as its just ones and zeros
Did you happen to mention this in a YouTube comment..? Your question looks very familiar!

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Cables should be one of the least expensive components of the system. Your biggest sound quality gains are usually to be found in the speakers themselves, not in what connects everything.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis