7.1.4 Setup For Around $7.5-9K

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
Hi!!!! I just got off my shift as my friends here mentioned I owned both JBL and Klipsch on JBL the studio 590's 580's and 530's the 570's were not on sale at that time to my sorrow so I never got to try I'm jealous of some of you guys!

I also owned the Klipsch RP8000F and the RP600M I believe the 6inch bookshelves of that line

The clear winner was JBL. The flagship JBL 590 vs the flagship RP8000F The 590 were noticeably better with the highs especially. They could handle more power and had less distortion. Those compression drivers were truly wonderful but as some have brought up the waveguide was truly the highlight and was amazing. They sounded good on and off axis up close and far away
Never quiet experienced it before

In my reviews in this forum I did make sure to note that the RP8000F did not embarrass themselves. Its just everywhere they were good the JBL were just a bit better. But I really loved the tonality and voicing of the RP8000F I greatly enjoyed them in my opinion both speakers are good choices you can't go wrong either way

But if you want the best between the 2 go with JBL and don't ever look back

I still have 5 JBL 590's for sale at 300 each. Unfortunately I can't ship at that low price and with shipping the way it currently is not sure it's a good idea period. Now if you live by the San Antonio Texas area or are close enough to pick up PM me it might be a good deal for you

And as someone brought up the 570 would make an excellent center channel
It is real good for Music. How is it for Movies.

And going for 580 for center channel instead of 570

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
It is real good for Music. How is it for Movies.

And going for 580 for center channel instead of 570
If a speaker is good for music it's good for movies.

A third 580 pulling center duty is about as perfect a match as you'll get. Ideal in fact, and recommended if possible. Most folks just don't have room for a third tower in the center.

If you're anywhere near the San Antonio area zilla's offer is very good, and I'll bet those 590s are like new. Worth at least checking out. I don't like buying used electronics either, but speakers will last forever if taken care of and I wouldn't hesitate to snap up a good deal on a pair (or 3).

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
If a speaker is good for music it's good for movies.

A third 580 pulling center duty is about as perfect a match as you'll get. Ideal in fact, and recommended if possible. Most folks just don't have room for a third tower in the center.

If you're anywhere near the San Antonio area zilla's offer is very good, and I'll bet those 590s are like new. Worth at least checking out. I don't like buying used electronics either, but speakers will last forever if taken care of and I wouldn't hesitate to snap up a good deal on a pair (or 3).
Will Placing 580 in Horizontal Orientation be bad.

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
Ten I guess 83" A90J goes on top of it.

43" height from ground to bottom of the TV. Not ideal but I would pick up 8" floor raiser for seating position that should get the height down to 35".

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Hi!!!! I just got off my shift as my friends here mentioned I owned both JBL and Klipsch on JBL the studio 590's 580's and 530's the 570's were not on sale at that time to my sorrow so I never got to try I'm jealous of some of you guys!

I also owned the Klipsch RP8000F and the RP600M I believe the 6inch bookshelves of that line

The clear winner was JBL. The flagship JBL 590 vs the flagship RP8000F The 590 were noticeably better with the highs especially. They could handle more power and had less distortion. Those compression drivers were truly wonderful but as some have brought up the waveguide was truly the highlight and was amazing. They sounded good on and off axis up close and far away
Never quiet experienced it before

In my reviews in this forum I did make sure to note that the RP8000F did not embarrass themselves. Its just everywhere they were good the JBL were just a bit better. But I really loved the tonality and voicing of the RP8000F I greatly enjoyed them in my opinion both speakers are good choices you can't go wrong either way

But if you want the best between the 2 go with JBL and don't ever look back

I still have 5 JBL 590's for sale at 300 each. Unfortunately I can't ship at that low price and with shipping the way it currently is not sure it's a good idea period. Now if you live by the San Antonio Texas area or are close enough to pick up PM me it might be a good deal for you

And as someone brought up the 570 would make an excellent center channel
I'll tell ya what, I have no idea when I'll be in the area again but if you still have those 590s next time I'm visiting family I might just talk myself into a pair of them. In either case I need to swing by there and check out your RBH system!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I'll tell ya what, I have no idea when I'll be in the area again but if you still have those 590s next time I'm visiting family I might just talk myself into a pair of them. In either case I need to swing by there and check out your RBH system!
Absolutely hit me up next time your in the area it'll be fun!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
If I had the cash (and a place for them) right now, those would already be in my office. My wife would ask me where the 9 pioneer speakers that are currently in there are planning to go, and I would not have an answer...

Seriously tempting and an excellent bet for anyone in the area.

Why do good deals always come up when I'm temporarily broke?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
If I had the cash (and a place for them) right now, those would already be in my office. My wife would ask me where the 9 pioneer speakers that are currently in there are planning to go, and I would not have an answer...

Seriously tempting and an excellent bet for anyone in the area.

Why do good deals always come up when I'm temporarily broke?
I know right? happens to me all the time

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Definitely so many choices.

Also check out NHT speakers:

C4 Towers x 6
C-LCR Center x 1
IC2-ARC In-ceiling x 4

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
That is as expensive as Paradigm Setup. The JBL, Klipsch, KEF are a level down.
If someone already asked, my bad, but if not, do you have the ability to audition any of these before you buy? That could really help your decision. You may hear something immediately that turns you off of a speaker.

Or you may instantly love a speaker and not listen to any others. I would still listen to others though.

Do you have anything local? Make a short drive to get to?

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Would like to know what is the best we can get for around $7,500

Usage: Movies/Music - 50/50

Here is what I am looking at:

Denon AVR-X3700H
Klipsch RP-504C x 1
Klipsch RP-8000F x 2
Klipsch RP-6000F x 4
Klipsch RP-400M x 4 (Ceiling Atmos Speakers)
Rythmik FV18 x 1
S.M.S.L. SA300 x 1

TOTAL: $7,500
Klipsch RP-8000
SENSITIVITY 98dB @ 2.83V / 1m

Please explain why you need external amplification for those?

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Around 92db they were not any more sensitive then my JBL 590 and those were 92db
I see that ShadyJ did the measurements. Anyway, your speakers have a lower impedance than the RP-8000F's so the poster should take that into consideration as well. Also, 92 is still pretty sensitive. They should be easy to drive at 8ohms, not require additional amplification.

"What helps to make the RP-8000F an easier load than many other speakers is its above-average sensitivity. I measured its sensitivity as 92.1 dB for 2.83v at 1 meter. That isn’t bad; it’s better than most speakers in this type and price class. However, it is significantly below what Klipsch specifies for it which is 98 dB for 2.83v at 1 meter. That is quadruple the sensitivity that I measured. Klipsch is using an in-room estimation of sensitivity that factors in a quarter-space environment over a greater distance. It is true that the in-room sensitivity would be increased, but I think that should be stated in their specs if that is their reasoning for their sensitivity rating. We've seen this discrepancy in other Klipsch products so it doesn't seem to be a statistical outlier in how the brand rates sensitivity of their products." [ShadyJ]

Last edited:
Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
A lot of speaker manufacturers lie about their products, some for sensitivity, some for frequency response, some for impedance curve. Some expensive speaker manufacturers still use the cheap and unreliable electrolytic capacitors and inductors of doubtful quality in their passive crossovers. That is unacceptable at a certain price point.

If someone is preparing to spend many thousand bucks on loudspeakers, and doesn't want to be gypped, he should make sure that what he is purchasing has the right quality components before committing. IMO, electrolytic caps have no place in a passive crossover. Over time, their capacitance value changes to such extent that the original frequency filter point is entirely out of specs with overall altered frequency response.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis