7.1.4 Setup For Around $7.5-9K

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
FWIW, I use this on my mains, and my 6012 powers everything else. I think even with Klipsch and their overstated sensitivity, something like this, or a crown etc might be worth considering too.

M

mx416

Audioholic
The FV18 is a solid choice! ITs just stellar on the movie front. Definitely go of two as soon as you can.

Just a reminder the FV18 is big (size of a mini fridge at least). So be ready for that.

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
Klipsch RP-8000F + Klipsch RP-504C + Klipsch RP-600M vs KEF Q750 + KEF Q650C + KEF Q350

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I don't really have any experience with either of those, but I think the KEF Q650C is likely the better center channel.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Personally I’m more interested in KEF, and I think they’re just a better speaker. Although the 8000’s have been received pretty well as well as the whole RP line. I’d still choose KEF.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Not sure how flexible the budget really is, but in my short list is JBL HDI series. Shady did a really nice review on them here at AH. Also if you can handle their looks, which I can, the JBL studio 590/580 go on sale frequently. Iirc @danzilla can give you thoughts on both but I seem to recall he liked the JBL just a little better.
Revel makes excellent speakers too. So many choices…lol

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
Not sure how flexible the budget really is, but in my short list is JBL HDI series. Shady did a really nice review on them here at AH. Also if you can handle their looks, which I can, the JBL studio 590/580 go on sale frequently. Iirc @danzilla can give you thoughts on both but I seem to recall he liked the JBL just a little better.
Revel makes excellent speakers too. So many choices…lol
They are way out of budget. Even more than Paradigm.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
They are way out of budget. Even more than Paradigm.
The 590s should be within budget, and in fact go on sale for 50% off pretty often. Their weakness would be the damned center channel again tho.

The 580s are 50% off right now.

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
How Will JBL Studio 570 perform as Center. While having 580 or 590 for sides.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
How Will JBL Studio 570 perform as Center. While having 580 or 590 for sides.
I wish I could fit a 3rd 570 for a center channel
The 570s are pretty spectacular, I got them a few weeks ago on sale for 199 each, I mean what a ridiculous deal.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
Just wanna double-check. Is JBL Studio a better lineup than Klipsch RP and KEF Q series.

For MOVIES and MUSIC.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Just wanna double-check. Is JBL Studio a better lineup than Klipsch RP and KEF Q series.

For MOVIES and MUSIC.
IMO yes.
But they are more similar than different. Both are clear and dynamic, and Klipsch has addressed the “horn” thing in the RP line. IMO though, JBL’s waveguide is superior, and the compression driver tweeter is better too. Both are good, the JBL is just better. Imo…
Again, @Danzilla has owned both, and I’m sure when he’s done with his shift he’d be glad to share his thoughts.

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
IMO yes.
But they are more similar than different. Both are clear and dynamic, and Klipsch has addressed the “horn” thing in the RP line. IMO though, JBL’s waveguide is superior, and the compression driver tweeter is better too. Both are good, the JBL is just better. Imo…
Again, @Danzilla has owned both, and I’m sure when he’s done with his shift he’d be glad to share his thoughts.
@Danzilla owned both JBL and KEF or did he own JBL and Klipsch.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I can't fault the Studio 5s myself since I have a set (590/580/530/520 altho I switched the 520 out for an Infinity RC263). I'd try and have at least the same in the center as on the sides, tho. Buy the remaining Studio 5s (think its just 590s now) from @Danzilla31

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
@Danzilla owned both JBL and KEF or did he own JBL and Klipsch.
Hi!!!! I just got off my shift as my friends here mentioned I owned both JBL and Klipsch on JBL the studio 590's 580's and 530's the 570's were not on sale at that time to my sorrow so I never got to try I'm jealous of some of you guys!

I also owned the Klipsch RP8000F and the RP600M I believe the 6inch bookshelves of that line

The clear winner was JBL. The flagship JBL 590 vs the flagship RP8000F The 590 were noticeably better with the highs especially. They could handle more power and had less distortion. Those compression drivers were truly wonderful but as some have brought up the waveguide was truly the highlight and was amazing. They sounded good on and off axis up close and far away
Never quiet experienced it before

In my reviews in this forum I did make sure to note that the RP8000F did not embarrass themselves. Its just everywhere they were good the JBL were just a bit better. But I really loved the tonality and voicing of the RP8000F I greatly enjoyed them in my opinion both speakers are good choices you can't go wrong either way

But if you want the best between the 2 go with JBL and don't ever look back

I still have 5 JBL 590's for sale at 300 each. Unfortunately I can't ship at that low price and with shipping the way it currently is not sure it's a good idea period. Now if you live by the San Antonio Texas area or are close enough to pick up PM me it might be a good deal for you

And as someone brought up the 570 would make an excellent center channel

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
Hi!!!! I just got off my shift as my friends here mentioned I owned both JBL and Klipsch on JBL the studio 590's 580's and 530's the 570's were not on sale at that time to my sorrow so I never got to try I'm jealous of some of you guys!

I also owned the Klipsch RP8000F and the RP600M I believe the 6inch bookshelves of that line

The clear winner was JBL. The flagship JBL 590 vs the flagship RP8000F The 590 were noticeably better with the highs especially. They could handle more power and had less distortion. Those compression drivers were truly wonderful but as some have brought up the waveguide was truly the highlight and was amazing. They sounded good on and off axis up close and far away
Never quiet experienced it before

In my reviews in this forum I did make sure to note that the RP8000F did not embarrass themselves. Its just everywhere they were good the JBL were just a bit better. But I really loved the tonality and voicing of the RP8000F I greatly enjoyed them in my opinion both speakers are good choices you can't go wrong either way

But if you want the best between the 2 go with JBL and don't ever look back

I still have 5 JBL 590's for sale at 300 each. Unfortunately I can't ship at that low price and with shipping the way it currently is not sure it's a good idea period. Now if you live by the San Antonio Texas area or are close enough to pick up PM me it might be a good deal for you

And as someone brought up the 570 would make an excellent center channel
He is looking at all new stuff. But still thanks for the offer. For now I bet he would get 5 x 580s at 300 each.

During Black Friday if each 590 goes under $500 he will pick 2 of those

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis