Which Center? Aperion Grand Verus original vs Grand Verus 3

V

Vwman01

Audiophyte
Hi everyone.

I have a pair of original Aperion Grand Verus towers. I would like to upgrade my Center speaker to suit them (currently Dali Zensor Vokal).

I am able to buy the original GV Center, or the GViii Center for a negligible price difference. Has anyone heard both of these speakers? Am I better off getting the latest version as they are supposedly improved, or go for the originals to match the towers? I’m leaning towards the new version but want to make sure they actually sound better and haven’t changed the timbre too much

Cheers, Dean

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Hi everyone.

I have a pair of original Aperion Grand Verus towers. I would like to upgrade my Center speaker to suit them (currently Dali Zensor Vokal).

I am able to buy the original GV Center, or the GViii Center for a negligible price difference. Has anyone heard both of these speakers? Am I better off getting the latest version as they are supposedly improved, or go for the originals to match the towers? I’m leaning towards the new version but want to make sure they actually sound better and haven’t changed the timbre too much

Cheers, Dean
Hey just went looking on there site that's a nice center the new one if cost is negligible I'd get the new and improved as the center channel does the bulk of the work in a surround system

Aperion has excellent customer service have you contacted them and gotten there feedback on which would be best to purchase?

V

Vwman01

Audiophyte
Hey just went looking on there site that's a nice center the new one if cost is negligible I'd get the new and improved as the center channel does the bulk of the work in a surround system

Aperion has excellent customer service have you contacted them and gotten there feedback on which would be best to purchase?
Thanks for the reply, I did ask them this question 7 weeks ago via their Facebook messenger channel, but received no response. I’ll give them another try via email.

If anyone has listened to the series 3 and can vouch for it then that will be enough for me. Just want to make sure that it’s not one of those rare products where people prefer the earlier version. You have a good point about the amount of work that the Center does though. It probably doesn’t matter so much if the timbre is a little off

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks for the reply, I did ask them this question 7 weeks ago via their Facebook messenger channel, but received no response. I’ll give them another try via email.

If anyone has listened to the series 3 and can vouch for it then that will be enough for me. Just want to make sure that it’s not one of those rare products where people prefer the earlier version. You have a good point about the amount of work that the Center does though. It probably doesn’t matter so much if the timbre is a little off
Timbre matching only matters if the speakers are identical and are placed at the exact same height along the front 3.

Otherwise it doesn't matter since most people cannot accommodate 3 identical towers and really unless one speaker can't keep up with the rest one won't even be able to tell the difference

I've used non matching centers and front speakers before and they've sounded great

My vote is for the newer center if it doesn't cost much more than the other

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

I've never heard aperion before but I know people who have and they were very well spoken off by them

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
They also have a

[/QUOTE

They also have a generous return policy so it can't hurt to try it out I bet you if you love your towers the new center channel you'll love it as well once you try it

V

Vwman01

Audiophyte
Timbre matching only matters if the speakers are identical and are placed at the exact same height along the front 3.

Otherwise it doesn't matter since most people cannot accommodate 3 identical towers and really unless one speaker can't keep up with the rest one won't even be able to tell the difference

I've used non matching centers and front speakers before and they've sounded great

My vote is for the newer center if it doesn't cost much more than the other
Great info thanks!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis