Wharfedale Evo4 vs Arendal 1723 THX

C

ciotime

Audioholic
I'm quite intrigued by the Wharfedale Evo4 and the Arendal 1723 THX. For use mainly for movies as my LCR which one is the better choice? In my country I have no way to audition them so I just have to rely on reviews and suggestions.

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
This UK chap has reviews on both and seems pretty level headed.

Arendale 1723:

Evo 4.2:

Cheers,
XEagleDriver

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

C

ciotime

Audioholic
This UK chap has reviews on both and seems pretty level headed.

Arendale 1723:

Evo 4.2:

Cheers,
XEagleDriver

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Thanks...I've actually seen his review. I'm just hoping for more inputs from other people.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Hard to find any solid measurements of the Wharfedale speakers. The Arendal speakers are verified good speakers. The Arendal speakers will doubtlessly have a much greater dynamic range if you like to crank it every once in a while. The Arendals will have deeper bass extension. Unless I found any reliable measurements of the Evo4.2s, the Arendals would be my choice easily. The Arendals can safely handle any amount of power you throw at them- I had them hooked up to a 600wpc Parasound amp for a little while, and they absolutely rocked. Regarding the Wharfedale, some of these AMT tweeters can have a pretty ragged response, so their AMT isn't really a draw unless I knew for sure how it behaves.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis