Sub Diplomacy in Franglais!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
While president Macron sits in the Elyse Palace in a dark rage, and recalls ambassadors from the US and Australia over the cancelled sub deal and AUKUS, Boris Johnsons taunts him with: "It’s time for some of our dearest friends around the world to, y’know, prenez un grip about this and donnez moi un break...”

What is funny and giving the pundits a field day, is that Boris speaks good French, and the French hate Franglais, which they are forced to use, as so much the their language can only be spoken with English words.

There is nothing more entertaining than the French in a good snit!

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
While president Macron sits in the Elyse Palace in a dark rage, and recalls ambassadors from the US and Australia over the cancelled sub deal and AUKUS, Boris Johnsons taunts him with: "It’s time for some of our dearest friends around the world to, y’know, prenez un grip about this and donnez moi un break...”

What is funny and giving the pundits a field day, is that Boris speaks good French, and the French hate Franglais, which they are forced to use, as so much the their language can only be spoken with English words.

There is nothing more entertaining than the French in a good snit!
That is certainly amusing. Although, since "prenez un grip" was vocalized, to a Frenchman, it would have sounded like "get the flu" which, he would probably find a bit bemusing.

However, I'm pretty certain that there are far more French words used in English than the other way round.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
What goes around comes around. From an European point of view France is not exactly easy to deal with.

J

Jeepers

Full Audioholic
Vous avez besoin des truck drivers pour votre fuel ? Vive le Brexit.
Quelle farce.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Vous avez besoin des truck drivers pour votre fuel ? Vive le Brexit.
Quelle farce.
"...des truck drivers..."?
Franglais much?
How about conducteur de camion or cammioneur?

J

Jeepers

Full Audioholic
"...des truck drivers..."?
Franglais much?
How about conducteur de camion or cammioneur?
Sure.

You don't really think the French use 'grip' and 'donnez-moi un break'; do you ? Maybe kids who don't know any better.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Sure.

You don't really think the French use 'grip' and 'donnez-moi un break'; do you ? Maybe kids who don't know any better.
Of course they don't.
I understand what you were referring to now. It's early and I've only had one cup of joe....

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Of course they don't.
I understand what you were referring to now. It's early and I've only had one cup of joe....

And yes, while COVID had a major impact on availability of truck drivers, BREXIT has certainly had an impact.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis