Ps4 lipsync problem

S

Spikedhope

Audiophyte
Help!
I've got a Yamaha receiver, Ps4, 5.1 sound and a big arse TV.
Gaming Ps4 - no sound issues
Netflix via Ps4 - no sound issues
Bluray via Ps4 - no end of sound issues!!! Lipsync problems galore. Now, I know it could be the receiver, it could be the TV.... But, I've made all the adjustment I can think of,... And it doesn't work. In addition, the lipsync seems inconsistent. I think I've fixed it in one scene only for it to be awful 5 mins later.
A pal said try using an optical connection,.. But I can't see how that can help. If the hdmi is working fine for Netflix... But then again, what do I know. Hence I'm here!

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Hello and welcome. Not sure about PS4 settings but Blu-ray Movies are 24fps. If the PS4 is outputting them at 24fps, it can trigger certain default features in the TV like motion interpolation. Any extra processing to the signal can introduce lag and sound sync issues. Oh, what are the model of receiver and TV?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
How do you have it connected? PS4 to TV to AVR or the other way around? It should be going to the AVR first.

S

Spikedhope

Audiophyte
Morning you lovely people! Yes the Ps4 is going to the receiver then the TV, however I just remembered that I connected an external dvd player and still had the problem. So it's got to be the receiver or the TV.
Yamaha htr-3072
LG 60ph6608
Oh and I'm in Sweden if these models seem weird to you.

Hope you can help!

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
It might help to know more about the settings you have already tried to use. Lip sync setting in Yamaha?

S

Spikedhope

Audiophyte
It might help to know more about the settings you have already tried to use. Lip sync setting in Yamaha?
Well, at first I messed around with lots of Ps4 settings,..before I discovered it wasn't the Ps4, then I've switched on and off all the lip sync settings I could... Nothing.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I keep going back to disc settings. Are video settings separate for discs in the PS4?

S

Spikedhope

Audiophyte
Well, it doesn't matter an external stand alone dvd player has the same problem... So, receiver or TV at fault?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
So, the thing they have in common is movie disc playback since you said streaming and gaming are not having an issue. Are the players sending out direct signals or are their resolution settings at Auto or 1080p 60hz? What is that other DVD player?

S

Spikedhope

Audiophyte
So, the thing they have in common is movie disc playback since you said streaming and gaming are not having an issue. Are the players sending out direct signals or are their resolution settings at Auto or 1080p 60hz? What is that other DVD player?
Hummm,... Its a Sony 3d blu-ray player, which I've connected to my other TV room with almost the same set up (just at the weekend).... So, maybe its the TV then??

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Sometimes resets can clean up one bug or another.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No, would that help?
Well usually I start with a soft reset for a glitch (just unplug the avr for a bit) but if that didn't work I'd try a full factory/microprocessor reset as described in the manual. At worst you lose some settings with the latter but worth a try.

Are you powering gear on in a particular order? Sometimes it can make a difference if the sink (tv) should be powered up first, then receiver then source....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis