New JVC Laser 4k/8k Projectors!

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
The new JVC Laser projectors will be available in Oct. but the info dropped today.

New projectors are NZ7, NZ8 and NZ9. Lumens start at 2200, 2500 and 3000. All are 8k e-shift. Prices start at $10k, $15k and $25k.

You can check out more info on the JVC website.

Projectors|JVC USA - Products -

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Boy that $10k price of entry is high. However, an 8k laser projector sounds pretty sweet.

A few things stick out on the specs sheet. No CEC, but still supports 3D. Not that I want/use either of those features, it's just amusing. Also, too bad there is no VRR, that would have made these pretty much perfect. Time to start saving my pennies.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
That's insane prices for something that's going to be outdated in 2 or 3 years but then the rich must have their toys I know I would.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
That's insane prices for something that's going to be outdated in 2 or 3 years but then the rich must have their toys I know I would.
I wouldn't say they're for rich people. They might look high priced, but you're getting laser instead of bulb. Which has a shelf life of 20k hours and maybe more depending mode. You could get 10 years out of the projector if you watched 2000 hours of content per year. For $10k, that's pretty damn good.

Also keep in mind, Sony 4k Lasers start at $20k and none of them offer 8k e-shift.

Sony's 4k laser lineup is $20k, $35k, $40k, $60k and $80k.

Their $20k laser is only 2000 lumens compared to JVC's $10k laser that has 2200. You would have to spend $40k for Sony's laser to hit what JVC is giving you at $10k.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Plus, they don't have the NZ5 announced yet. I'm hoping it might be free of 8k and keep 4k 120hz and the laser element. Hopefully for $6k or lower.

One can hope

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Plus, they don't have the NZ5 announced yet. I'm hoping it might be free of 8k and keep 4k 120hz and the laser element. Hopefully for $6k or lower.

One can hope
I don't think they're going to do a NZ5. They are going to keep the NX5 going. For the true "entry" point into 4k. They discontinued the NX7 though.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I don't think they're going to do a NZ5. They are going to keep the NX5 going. For the true "entry" point into 4k. They discontinued the NX7 though.
I have no clue what they're going to do. I was just wishing. The NX5 is what I've had my eye on anyway so that'll work just fine.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I have no clue what they're going to do. I was just wishing. The NX5 is what I've had my eye on anyway so that'll work just fine.
What would be nice is if they refresh the NX5 with the new HDMI 2.1 boards which will give the 4k/120hz. Keep it at the $6k price point. I could potentially see them doing that.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
What would be nice is if they refresh the NX5 with the new HDMI 2.1 boards which will give the 4k/120hz. Keep it at the $6k price point. I could potentially see them doing that.
That's what I'm hoping for.

P

Projectorenthusiast

Audiophyte
I already own an nx7 and looking to upgrade to nz8

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I already own an nx7 and looking to upgrade to nz8
Get on the pre-order list. Value Electronics in NY has them on pre-order. Audio Advice has them on pre-order. Demand will be high so who knows when you'll actually get one. They ship mid-Oct.

P

Projectorenthusiast

Audiophyte
Get on the pre-order list. Value Electronics in NY has them on pre-order. Audio Advice has them on pre-order. Demand will be high so who knows when you'll actually get one. They ship mid-Oct.
Those places sell at full retail . I already have a couple of dealers in mind but at these prices I'm looking for other dealers they might sell cheaper.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Those places sell at full retail . I already have a couple of dealers in mind but at these prices I'm looking for other dealers they might sell cheaper.
I suppose you could check AVS Forums. But highly doubt any dealer will be selling below full retail on a brand new projector. Though if you do, good luck! Share the wealth of your supposed dealers with us! Everyone on here loves deals!

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
Once I get my distributor pricing I'll be able to discount the new projectors.

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
Just heard from JVC. There has been a delay. Instead of October, it looks like November will be the earliest availability for the new Laser Projectors.

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
I went to JVCs training for their new laser projectors yesterday. I was *very, very* impressed. Using the 110"diagonal setting on a Black Diamond screen the image looked like a huge OLED - super bright but with fantastic black levels. The 8K up-scaling was pristine and the new auto detect peak brightness system was amazing.

I think the middle model (RS3100/NZ8) is in the sweet-spot in terms of features, PQ and price.

They say the new models might ship at the end of November, but I'm thinking that December is more likely.

If you want our pricing for the new models, please PM me.

A

Adamfe

Audiophyte
Has anyone heard of the brand XGIMI?Many people around me bought XGIMI projectors, can anyone share the experience?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Has anyone heard of the brand XGIMI?Many people around me bought XGIMI projectors, can anyone share the experience?
XGimi makes solid LED projectors and they definitely do a good job. They aren't in the same class as JVC and it's kind of weird to threadcrap a non-JVC brand within the JVC thread. If you want to talk XGimi, then just start a new thread to talk about their products.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis