Jamo 68 replacement drivers

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Jamo 68 bookshelves, 2 tweeters one mid on each. Back of one is jamo 20129 (in a square housing) and the other 43697 (very small and weighs nothing)

Anyone have any info for replacements?

One speaker sounds perfect, when I pulled the tweeter out of the bad one, a connector was touching the magnet. I moved it off the magnet, it now produces sound but is extremely quiet, no hissing or distortion just barely any volume

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Jamo 68 bookshelves, 2 tweeters one mid on each. Back of one is jamo 20129 (in a square housing) and the other 43697 (very small and weighs nothing)

Anyone have any info for replacements?

One speaker sounds perfect, when I pulled the tweeter out of the bad one, a connector was touching the magnet. I moved it off the magnet, it now produces sound but is extremely quiet, no hissing or distortion just barely any volume
Pretty sure there’s a guy on eBay that sells replacement drivers for some models of jamo’s you could do a search .

K

KNOTSCOTT

Enthusiast
Before replacing any drivers, you may want to try switching the drivers between the cabinets to verify that the crossover components are functioning properly....starting with the tweeter.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
The piezos seem to be okay, just need one tweeter 20129. The closest I've been able to find is a jamo cs5 tweeter off speaker exchange. I sent them a msg but figured I'd check in here as well, thanks again for the input

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis