Dusty Hill (ZZ Top), RIP

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
That’s sucks these guys were great live he will definitely be missed .

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Very sad. What a great, great straight forward rock band.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Damn. That makes me feel old. All these great rockers dying off the last few years.

R.I.P

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
Very sad. I learned from my gf's mother who lives in Houston that DH was quite the philanthropist and did a lot for the Houston community.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I watched the ZZ Top special on Netflix a few months ago. A bunch of really cool cats. I was fortunate enough to see them live in my home town a few years ago. Even in their 60's and 70's they still put on a good show. RIP Dusty. This is going to be hard on Billy and Frank after being together for so long.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Saw this last night, very sad for sure. RIP Dusty.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I've mentioned on here before, but ZZ Top is even more respected in TX than in other areas, being the local boys. They have heavily influence the TX / Southern Rock genre.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I've mentioned on here before, but ZZ Top is even more respected in TX than in other areas, being the local boys. They have heavily influence the TX / Southern Rock genre.
Iirc, they were the first musicians to become heroes of the state of Texas. Dunno why that little factoid stuck in my gray matter, but there it is. ;)

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
They may have become famous with Sharp Dressed Man and Legs, but I love going back to Tres Hombres and listening to those old blues numbers. Really interesting evolution in their music.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
They may have become famous with Sharp Dressed Man and Legs, but I love going back to Tres Hombres and listening to those old blues numbers. Really interesting evolution in their music.
Eliminator was more a modern evolution for them in the age of MTV with their great videos from that album and Afterburner.
Waiting For The Bus, Jesus Just Left Chicago, La Grange, Tush... several others... they were already famous before MTV. ;)

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Different levels of famedom. La Grange and Tush also received loads of air play up here but Waiting for the Bus and Jesus Just Left Chicago were closer to blues standards not to be found on popular radio. I learned to play both when I started playing bass in my teens. ;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis