what are you drinking right now ?

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Winner for best beer names. Be interesting to hear where you shop.
I buy 99% of my beers at local breweries. This and a few others I’ve posted were purchased from friends who got them from breweries in other states or distant cities. Affection Principle is a collaboration from Modern Times Beer and Cellarmaker Brewing Co in CA :)
https://untp.beer/ygN90

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Pretty sure Whistler has one of the most badass mountain bike parks in North America too. Looks fun to me anyways.
Yep, indeed it does. Scared the crap out of this-at-the-time mostly cross country rider. Saw 5-9 year olds riding way above my level having grown up with that stuff. Beautiful place, Squamish nearby is also quite good for mountain biking....as is lots of British Columbia.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yep, indeed it does. Scared the crap out of this-at-the-time mostly cross country rider. Saw 5-9 year olds riding way above my level having grown up with that stuff. Beautiful place, Squamish nearby is also quite good for mountain biking....as is lots of British Columbia.
I hear that. I have no doubt I’d shitt a brick looking at some of that stuff head on. I used to race MX(non pro), and wouldn’t think much of hitting doubles and triples, but there’s something about a bicycle that’s just different. Maybe it’s the feeing of being more connected? I don’t know. The whole area is spectacular though, I totally agree. I love the whole west side, from San Diego up through BC. East side and the gulf too are amazing too, but the west coast…seems like home.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I hear that. I have no doubt I’d shitt a brick looking at some of that stuff head on. I used to race MX(non pro), and wouldn’t think much of hitting doubles and triples, but there’s something about a bicycle that’s just different. Maybe it’s the feeing of being more connected? I don’t know. The whole area is spectacular though, I totally agree. I love the whole west side, from San Diego up through BC. East side and the gulf too are amazing too, but the west coast…seems like home.
So WTF are you doing in that backwater Minnesota? :) What's the bug count like up your ways these days? Here its strikingly low....

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
So WTF are you doing in that backwater Minnesota? :) What's the bug count like up your ways these days? Here its strikingly low....
Lmao! I’d say our bug count is average. Dry Af though. We’ve been in the 80’s and 90’s for most of the past couple months. As far as mn? I’ve got zero interest in staying here, although summers are good, I totally loathe winter. Holding in rant…..
But I have kids in school, and one in college, and our folks are getting pretty old so… I’m fukked. For awhile anyway.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Lmao! I’d say our bug count is average. Dry Af though. We’ve been in the 80’s and 90’s for most of the past couple months. As far as mn? I’ve got zero interest in staying here, although summers are good, I totally loathe winter. Holding in rant…..
But I have kids in school, and one in college, and our folks are getting pretty old so… I’m fukked. For awhile anyway.
Right there with you....different state though...

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Sadly, we are all f'd in one way or another. I can't think of anywhere I want to live right now that isn't taking it up the pucker due to drought or flooding or other climate induced risks. Frankly, once you get beyond those, you then have human shenanigans to contend with...
which then leads to more fault lines, volcanoes and flood plains... :confused:

Mars is looking sexier by the minute!

:rolleyes:

Is it too early for a breakfast beer?
(No... that's why it's called Breakfast Beer! It just need to be under 7% to qualify. :D )

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Drinking the BA Train to Valhalla right now. A few other recent pics included :)

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
take up snowmobiling or cross country skiing and winter will fly by !

As for 'Minnesnowta' , there are far worse states to live in !

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
@its phillip
I love your surface tension pours.
But I'm curious... How much have you spilled with that? ;) :p :cool:
I’ve been pretty good at it. I don’t think I’ve spilled anything with the pours. I have spilled a couple drops here and there when drinking from the overly full glasses though:p

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
even then it rarely happens. Maybe twice so far this year. I have to lean down and take a quick sip before picking them up lol
Oh, I know. Been there, done that. That's one of our favorite tricks, behind the bar, and as a barista esp... get that latte art just right so that it bubbles up over with about a microns worth of wiggle room before you have hot latte dribbling down over your fingers or worse..

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Trying my hand at a Black Manhattan.
This is a newer fad, replacing the Vermouth with Averna (an Amaro from Sicily). I've also seen variations employing some Cherry Liqueur. I am working with the latter concept.

(I always pour a little extra bump of whiskey... so my 2 oz is more like 2.5.)

2oz Bulleit Rye
.75oz Averna
.25oz Cherry Heering
3 dashes BitterCube Cherry Bark Vanilla Bitters

Averna is interesting in that it has a flavor reminiscent of a good Cola. As an Amaro, it is also somewhat bitter, so it changes the profile of the Classic Manhattan pretty drastically.

Edit:
cut the Averna to a slightly heavy .5 oz
bumped the Heering to a scant .5 oz
and cut the bitters to 2 dashes...

much better balance...

This drink may actually benefit from a Bourbon instead of a Rye. ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis